• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading Down, Again And Again

chknwing

Carolina is in a decent position in the draft to trade down multiple times and still get a play maker, Kirpatrick, Jenkins, Still, Cox, Poe, Brockers etc any and all could fall into the 20+ pick range. The thought of trading down a few times and stocking up on 3rd round picks and end up with Fletcher Cox gives me goosebumps. Staying at #9 for anyone but Blackmon or Claiborne doesnt make much sense to me. The draft is hit or miss, the more players you draft the better your chances are at finding a probowler.

Agreed, course I have spouted this for a long time. Love to see like Seattle come up to get Floyd, and they NY Jets come up to 12 in front of AZ and get Rieff, if he is still there. Pick up a couple thirds and still have a shot at Cox,Poe, Brockers, Gilmore, DeCastro or someone who will be a great value. Picking at nine as we have said for a long time is no mans land.

If we really want Coples, he probably won't be there if we trade down. My favorite pick is Brockers and with the perception of his stock slipping I'd love to be able to trade back 7 or 10 spots and still grab him and pick up another 2nd round pick in the process. Then we could get whichever CB we really like in the 2nd with our pick (Gilmore if he's still available, Jenkins, wouldn't even mind Kirkpatrick in the 2nd, Minnifield would be good too) and with the extra 2nd there might be a good DE available (one of the tweeners like Branch or Mercilus or someone like Chandler Jones) or a LB (Brown, Kendricks, Lewis) or WR (Jeffery, Hill) or O-line (Zeitler, Adams, Martin) maybe even *gasp* a TE if Fleener or Charles or Allen floats their boat and they don't re-sign Shockey. I still like Markelle Martin too, could probably be had with that theoretical second 2nd round pick.

Any trio of those would be outstanding.

Archived