• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Can Go Anywhere In The World Where Do I Go

Fiz

Take Singapore off you list. It is extremely expensive there. Beautiful place, but not similar budget wise to the other countries that you listed.....a go there often for business.

i can agree with that, it's not worth spending any significant time there. if you're doing the southeast asian circuit though it's not a bad jumping-off point to some of the insular areas like indonesia or the philippines. and it's another stamp in the passport :D

Go to hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYtrShxAof8

The "door to hell" in Darvaza in Turkmenistan. While drilling in 1971, geologists tapped into a cavern filled with natural gas. The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of about 70 metres. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided to be burned off. Geologists had hoped the fire would use all the fuel in a matter of days, but the gas still burns 40 years later. Locals have dubbed the cavern "The Door to Hell."

how much money are you budgeting? how long do you want to go for? where have you been before? what languages do you speak?

if you've never been i recommend southeast asia.

you could fly to SEA roundtrip from ATL on 1500 and bring 5k with you and live comfortably for half a year. thailand, burma, laos, cambodia, vietnam, malaysia, singapore, indonesia, philippines... the whole deal.

if you're interested lemme know i can give you a little extra info on it. i'm headed back this summer for my fourth time, so i've picked up a few useful tips over the years.

My brother is doing this right now.

He told me about a 3 day trip he was taking to some island off the coast of Vietnam a couple days ago. 3 days, 2 nights, all travel, food, etc included. Cost $67. lol

Istanbul's a pretty cool city. I spent about a little over a month there and I never ran out of stuff to do or see. The city oozes with history and the energy's contagious all along Istiklal and Taksim.

For someplace cheap and nice, I would recommend the Balkans (Bosnia and Croatia) or Western Ukraine and Poland. Lviv is a pretty chillax city, and probably my favorite on the planet outside of NYC.

If you wanna' party, you can't go wrong with Berlin or Ibiza. I haven't been to Ibiza yet, but I kind of know what to expect since I go to raves that feature the same deejays spinning at Ibiza. I've done a few warehouse raves in Berlin, and I definitely recommend the city as a raving destination.

My advice, unless if you're loaded, skip the typical western European and east Asian destinations. Instead, head towards central/eastern Europe, southeast Asia, or South America.

Istanbul's a pretty cool city. I spent about a little over a month there and I never ran out of stuff to do or see. The city oozes with history and the energy's contagious all along Istiklal and Taksim.

For someplace cheap and nice, I would recommend the Balkans (Bosnia and Croatia) or Western Ukraine and Poland. Lviv is a pretty chillax city, and probably my favorite on the planet outside of NYC.

If you wanna' party, you can't go wrong with Berlin or Ibiza. I haven't been to Ibiza yet, but I kind of know what to expect since I go to raves that feature the same deejays spinning at Ibiza. I've done a few warehouse raves in Berlin, and I definitely recommend the city as a raving destination.

My advice, unless if you're loaded, skip the typical western European and east Asian destinations. Instead, head towards central/eastern Europe, southeast Asia, or South America.

My girlfriend is from Krakow, so I've been trying to make it to Poland for several years now.

She says Poland isn't cheap anymore though.

My girlfriend is from Krakow, so I've been trying to make it to Poland for several years now.

She says Poland isn't cheap anymore though.

Krakow isn't that bad if you get out of the center where all the tourists and annoying stags are. The center of Krakow is actually more expensive to live than uptown Charlotte, believe it or not. But the center shouldn't be a reflection of the general Polish population, which actually doesn't make the kind of money to live near the center. For reference, I've had excellent freshly-cooked mom-n-pop meals for less than $5. Breakfast that consisted of a cappuccino or espresso with a fresh pastry would be no more than $1.50-$2. This was last summer though, and the zloty has declined a bit since then. If you do go, I highly recommend going east to Lviv; less crowds, better vibe, cheaper, and same Hapsburg architecture. For guys going, the ladies in this region are nothing short of amazing.

I was in Bosnia, Sarajevo. I imagine it's better now then when I was there in the mid 90's. Bad memories! (Also why I hate Muslims so much!)

Archived