• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do You Guys Think...

CARuthless

Please be specific in your topic so we know enough not to open a thread we do not want to open.

Here is my CB theory. You have to remember a few things first: 1. Cleveland did not trade up for RGIII but they traded down last year. 2. Holmgren/WCO/Colt McCoy. 3. They lost Hillis,and may not be fired up about drafting a RB #4 overall. 4; The Panthers sign Tolbert when they have 2 stud RBs splitting 20 carries a game. 5. Cleveland has been rather inactive in free agency at RB and QB-need positions.

How can the Browns get a top notch RB, a backup/competing WCO QB, and keep 2 first round draft picks?

Theory only--not substantiated--: They have already come to terms with the Panthers on a draft day trade where the Browns get the #9 pick, Stewart and Clausen in exchange for the #4 pick overall.

The Panthers would then take Claiborne at #4.

The Panthers have to come to terms with Stewart on a contract that Cleveland and Stew will accept. They need to do this on draft day to keep a team like Tampa from trading with Minnesota.

Would you do it?

Please be specific in your topic so we know enough not to open a thread we do not want to open.

Here is my CB theory. You have to remember a few things first: 1. Cleveland did not trade up for RGIII but they traded down last year. 2. Holmgren/WCO/Colt McCoy. 3. They lost Hillis,and may not be fired up about drafting a RB #4 overall. 4; The Panthers sign Tolbert when they have 2 stud RBs splitting 20 carries a game. 5. Cleveland has been rather inactive in free agency at RB and QB-need positions.

How can the Browns get a top notch RB, a backup/competing WCO QB, and keep 2 first round draft picks?

Theory only--not substantiated--: They have already come to terms with the Panthers on a draft day trade where the Browns get the #9 pick, Stewart and Clausen in exchange for the #4 pick overall.

The Panthers have to come to terms with Stewart on a contract that Cleveland and Stew will accept. They need to do this on draft day to keep a team like Tampa from trading with Minnesota.

Would you do it?

Hell no. I haven't given up on Stewart being a Panther beyond this year yet, and to give him away to move up 5 spots would be a crime.

With where we are drafting, 9 & 40, we should get 2 pretty good players. Throw in the return of some injured players. Add a year of experience and growth for the kids. And it adds up to a pretty good football team.

So there is no reason to trade Stewy. We are a better team with him on the roster. I was under the impression that was the goal. And please no, but trading Stewy can make us better in the long run. Or any of the myriad of options regarding Stewy. He is a Panther. He probably will always be a Panther. Unless he does not want to be a Panther. Then that is out of my control. And throws a wrench into the procedings.

Crazy thought. If the Panthers were worried about losing Stewy, they would be in a tizzy working on a solution. I don't see that type action from the FO. But I am out of the loop for the time being.

The glass is not half empty. It is half full and rising fast. And I am tired. Playoffs. Say it with me. Playoffs.

to everyone hating on him, while I agree Munnerlyn didn't have a great season one thing he will never be mistaken as is lazy. He isn't going to just hand over that number two job, and he definitely will be our nickel corner

Would you do it?

So we would give up our first rounder in 2012, our first rounder in 2008 and our second rounder in 2010 to move up 5 slots in this draft which could also be accomplished with giving them our second rounder this year to take a player who might be avalable when we pick or who if he weren't wasn't, might be somewhat better than the second best guy at corner who will be available. Or we could trade down 10 picks, get our third round pick back and maybe even another pick to select a corner like Jenkins who has baggage but is considered as good as Claiborne. Why would the trade up option seem the less desirable of the optons??

The thing is if Munnerlyn is our number 2 this year then he would have stepped up his game big time and we are good. Because we wil bring in other guys and the best man will win. I know he is short but so is Revis and that works out for him just fine. Technique and speed will always be more important than size.

So we would give up our first rounder in 2012, our first rounder in 2008 and our second rounder in 2010 to move up 5 slots in this draft which could also be accomplished with giving them our second rounder this year to take a player who might be avalable when we pick or who if he weren't wasn't, might be somewhat better than the second best guy at corner who will be available. Or we could trade down 10 picks, get our third round pick back and maybe even another pick to select a corner like Jenkins who has baggage but is considered as good as Claiborne. Why would the trade up option seem the less desirable of the optons??

He won't fall to #9--When they were drafted has nothing to do with current value, and we are not giving up our first rounder in 2012. Stewart is a first rounder who got NINE carries a game last year. He will not be re-signed by the Panthers. Our second rounder in 2010 is not worth much now. Put it all together, considering Clausen will never play again for us, and you are trading fewer than 160 carries or a max of 800 yards that Tolbert can handle-if STEW stays healthy--to move up and grab a terrific CB. How many spots in the draft are we going to reach for a player if we stay at #9.

You really want to assume that Clausen has the same value of a second rounder? Do you really think Stewart has more value than 1 season's worth of carries? We are losing 9 carries a game for 2012-nothing more.

Archived