• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So...Ummm... We're gonna need a

TruCatzFan

BIG corner for sure! The thought of Captain on V Jackson twice a year makes me cringe! (not they that they would actually put Cpt on him)

So I ask those of you who are big into the College game this:

Should we pick up a CB with the first pick? Or is there enough depth at the position to get a "value" pick in the 2nd?

Also we still don't know how this Hogan situation will pan out... So maybe a safety.

I'd love anyone with knowledge on these two positions to weigh in.

i'll be interested to see how good jackson is without rivers.

This, however Freemans arm strenth has never been a question and V-Jax is big enough to mask a few of Freeman's flaws. With his mobility in the pocket and the threat of Jackson both down the sidelines and over the middle we could be in a tough matchup if our LB's dont come back strong along with whomever we aquire in the secondary.

Dre Kirkpatrick's biggest weakness is against big physical corners. He was abused by ALshon Jeffrey. Gamble is a big corner, and can play with any of those WRs in our division. We don't need another big corner.. just any sized solid CB will do. Claiborne is 5'11". Janoris Jenkins is 5'10'. They would do great.

I think Claiborne will be the pick for sure should he be there. Look around the NFC South, Gamble can take on the #1's, but then you've also got to deal with the #2's like Julio Jones. We need a sure fire talented CB to take these guys. Gamble, Claiborne, Hogan, Munnerlyn should be a competent secondary.

We will play zone again this year meaning that we don't need a great man coverage guy just a very good zone coverage corner. What gets undervalued here is that great cover 2 schemes have physical safeties who are good in coverage and ferocious hitters who separate receivers from the ball. We could do as well making Hogan the corner and upgrading free safety with a very good guy as we could upgrading cornerback. Best of allwe could do it in the 4th round. Again I am not against upgrading the cornerback position at all. I am simply saying that zone schemes count on everyone playing their position well moreso than needing superstars at every position. I remember when Philly under Johnson had Brian Dawkins patrolling the middle and receivers cared more about where he was at then they did about catching the ball. New rules have taken some of that away but not all.

Archived