• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dallas just released FB Fiametta...

TruCatzFan

Whatever... You're obviously just trying to piss me off.

I mean what offense would want to gain 12.6 ypc??

You need to educate yourself on how often we use our fullback. Even if we picked him up, he would be a waste of a roster spot because he can't also play tight end/special teams. Reserving a roster spot for a fullback-only player when we only use a fullback in like 10% (random stat) of our plays is ridiculous.

Not to mention, there isn't only one way to generate offense in this league. We clearly have a different idea of what constitutes an effective offense these days. He no fit our scheme.

What if he can be used as a closer?

I agree he does not fit our system and have no use on the field in the first half. But we sucked at protecting a lead last year. So a FB that can take out a LB to give our RBs 1-2 extra yards on runs in obvious run the clock situation might not be a bad idea. There is a big difference between 3rd and 4 and 3rd and 7 as we all know from the Fox days...

Sure, it is a luxury to waste a roster spot. And maybe he is not even that guys. But I think it is an option to consider.

What if he can be used as a closer?

I agree he does not fit our system and have no use on the field in the first half. But we sucked at protecting a lead last year. So a FB that can take out a LB to give our RBs 1-2 extra yards on runs in obvious run the clock situation might not be a bad idea. There is a big difference between 3rd and 4 and 3rd and 7 as we all know from the Fox days...

Sure, it is a luxury to waste a roster spot. And maybe he is not even that guys. But I think it is an option to consider.

You do realize we aren't a power running team anymore, right? We use two TE sets, instead of one te and one fb.

You do realize we aren't a power running team anymore, right? We use two TE sets, instead of one te and one fb.

Yes, thats why I say this is for second half while protecting a lead, something we sucked at last year, only.

I am not proposing changing our offense, I am just proposing that have another option is special situation might be worth one roster spot.

Archived