• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peyton Done in Indy

I think he meant an "official" OC, but yeah, I agree. He's ran the offense in Indy for years.

I could see him as a GM more than coach. I've always thought Manning would transition to front office, maybe even ownership once his playing years are done.

Can't wait to see where he ends up. Hope it's somewhere with playoff chances and he's in top form. Would be great for NFL fans.

Something that no on here has thought about. Well Except me!

IF Peyton fails a physical with another team, there a real BIG chance that the Colts will bring him back as the QB coach!

The Colts let their QB coach go, and as far as I know, they have yet to name anyone. Peyton may get his chance to work with Luck!

Imagine the conversation...

"Look Peyton, we may have thrown you to the roadside but no hard feelings, right? Okay so we have this coaching position open, and we think you're a perfect fit. The pay is $530,000, so it's a little less than the $23,000,000 we paid you last year, but it sure would be swell to have you join our new staff".

I still think it was a bad move by the Colts.

Under the new rules, number 1 picks only make about 5 million dollars a year.

They could have let Luck sit behind Manning for a year or two in order to learn from arguably the best QB ever to play the game. 5 million dollars isnt a lot of money when working around a salary cap.

Give Luck a year or two of tutelage like the Packers did with Aaron Rodgers, and then trade Peyton for 2 1st round picks.

IMO, this situation was completely mismanaged. Speculation on my part says that it is probably why Polian was fired, because he thought it was a rediculous idea to begin with.

Why did they let one of the best QBs in history walk without any compensation? It boggles me.

This all flies out the window if Peyton's injury is carrer-ending, but if Manning can still play, it was a poor decision.

You can't be serious. Are you forgetting the bonus due? Who the hell is going to risk 28 million dollars(plus salary) on a 35 year old QB with his type of injury/surgery? Nobody. QB coaches come a lot cheaper than Peyton Manning.

I still think it was a bad move by the Colts.

Under the new rules, number 1 picks only make about 5 million dollars a year.

They could have let Luck sit behind Manning for a year or two in order to learn from arguably the best QB ever to play the game.

No way could the most pro-ready, heady, and intelligent QB coming out of college in the centuries of the sport be expected to sit and learn.

;)

I REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAALLLY hope Luck sucks. After all the hype, him basically insulting our organization (it's cool, we have OUR QB), and the Colts releasing possibly the greatest QB of all-time for this horseface mf'er, I really hope he sucks.

I also hope Peyton goes to Miami... I'd like to pull for them coming out of the AFC and if we can't win it next year, I'd love to see the Dolphins do it because Marino never did for their fans. Just seems like it would be a cool fit.

I think Miami...but I obviously hope Seattle!

I'm biased as poo of course, but I think Seattle has all the pieces other than a QB. Our defense has come miles over the last season, if Rice is healthy and Mike Williams plays like he did in 2010, we have two great tight ends and one hell of a RB. Our O-Line is extremely young, but they came a long way last year and made a shitty and unhealthy Jackson look not too bad at times.

Archived