• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The odds of Beason coming back like he was, are not that good

panthers55

The biggest indicator to me about his health is the fact that they're letting Dan Connor essentially just walk. If they were really concerned about Beason's health, then Connor would be talking to Hurney right now about a contract, or he would've already had an extension.

The biggest indicator to me about his health is the fact that they're letting Dan Connor essentially just walk. If they were really concerned about Beason's health, then Connor would be talking to Hurney right now about a contract, or he would've already had an extension.

Three seasons in a row, we've started the season with TD as the starter and no back-up plan. I believe in Jon Beason, but the Panthers aren't exactly great at predicting the future.

I hope this is true. But the reality is that arthroscopic surgery is really just an advancement in how the surgery is done and the amount of invasiveness regarding the post operative recovery. The bigger question is functionality and the ability to recover use of it. I am no surgeon but the question remains are we doing something radically different that increases the patient's eventual use of the tendon or improving the surgical recovery only. In other words they may return to athletics in 7 months instead of 12, but if they are still only 50% of what they were, has anything changed???

How the surgery is done and the invasiveness are 2 of the 3 most important parts of the surgery. How well he responds is just up to his body now and time will tell. The fact is though this is no different than a ACL injury.

do some homework = pull up irrelevant stats and base your entire argument on them

Cam passed for 4000 yards and rushed for 700 yards last season. The odds of him doing it again is high. Does anyone care about the odds? No. Do the odds guarantee that he will repeat the same amount of success? Nope. Do the odds mean anything? Not even a little.

No need to be such an ass about it.

We have a great linebacker in Beason.

He tore his achilles.

Statistics and history show that athlete's production suffers after a torn achilles, especially linebackers. No matter which way you twist or approach that, it is relevant.

Linebacker stats by players who tore their achilles should be noticed, regardless of if any of them changed systems or whatnot (albeit those things matter to), it still holds weight, and if someone really needs to spell that out for you as to why, then you're hopeless.

I personally hope Beason can make a full recovery, but only time will tell if he can.

Achilles is a scary injury.

beason said he'll be back better than ever. i realize his prediction may not 100% accurate, but i always pegged him as more of a cerebral athlete with amazing athleticism.

You are kidding right?

Beason says he will be back better than ever....so forget about what all of the medical evidence and past history proves about the injury.

Just cover your ears and say....Beason is special...Beason is special. Maybe that will work for you.

It hurts me to say this, but I doubt Beason will ever be back to what he was before...

The good news is that he was so good before the injury that he can still be a very good LB even at 75% of what he was before.

Agree that he could still be a good player. Just doubt he will ever be the beast that he once was. It just does not typically work that way.

And to all of the homers out there.....saying that Beason is all heart will NOT change the fact of how players recover from this injury.

It is unlikely that he will EVER be at the same level.

You are kidding right?

Beason says he will be back better than ever....so forget about what all of the medical evidence and past history proves about the injury.

Just cover your ears and say....Beason is special...Beason is special. Maybe that will work for you.

wow, apparently you didn't read my post at all.

OBVIOUSLY he won't be back better than before. my point is he will still be a great player because of his intelligence on the field, slowed by injury or not.

Archived