• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The odds of Beason coming back like he was, are not that good

panthers55

As someone who has used both steroids and gH, I would say yes. gH is amazing for ligaments and tendons. I once read somewhere that most people that use steroids or hgh started it to recover from an injury in the first place, which I don't think is far fetched. It would never happen though because then you'd have guys that aren't even hurt claiming they are so they can use it too.

The thing that would qualify them for the HGH treatment is that they have to be on the IR. And a stipulation could be added like they have to be on IR before week 6, or have a specific list of injuries that are long term, career debilitating injury that you must have to be able to use the treatment.

And guess which positions are most interchangeable??? Yeah that would be going from a 4-3 Mike to an ILB in a 3-4. Before you use that argument see if every other linebacker on the squad reduced their performance by 50% making the shift. When you find out that isn't true, how about giving up that red herring.

Most do see a reduction in tackles seeing as there is anther body to compete with for the tackle, also he is a smaller LB.

He doesn't have the typical size to be a 3-4 ILB he is seeing more blocks from linemen.

Why do you keep repeating what I say, then try it make and seem like you're saying something new? I obviously said that the site becomes weaker whenever you have previous injuries.

And no, the word you're looking for is not "gone", the ligament didn't put on a top hat, a tuxedo, and waltz out the front door. It was torn, which means that it's there, but torn. Not gone.

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/aclinjury/p/reconstruction.htm

Do you see any mention of using the old ACL ligament. When they drill out the bone they do so just where the old ACL was. It is gone, just waltz out the door, gone.

Most do see a reduction in tackles seeing as there is anther body to compete with for the tackle, also he is a smaller LB.

He doesn't have the typical size to be a 3-4 ILB he is seeing more blocks from linemen.

Again do some homework and get back to me. Did the other linebackers see a reduction of production of 50% as a result of making the transition? Yes or no?? It is a simple question..................

do some homework = pull up irrelevant stats and base your entire argument on them

Cam passed for 4000 yards and rushed for 700 yards last season. The odds of him doing it again is high. Does anyone care about the odds? No. Do the odds guarantee that he will repeat the same amount of success? Nope. Do the odds mean anything? Not even a little.

do some homework = pull up irrelevant stats and base your entire argument on them

Cam passed for 4000 yards and rushed for 700 yards last season. The odds of him doing it again is high. Does anyone care about the odds? No. Do the odds guarantee that he will repeat the same amount of success? Nope. Do the odds mean anything? Not even a little.

Speaking of irrelevant stats and a ridiculous argument. This^^^^^^^

I just hope Beason does everything necessary to completely recover as best possible. After TD I'm very leery of athletes who clearly are extremely competitive pushing themselves too soon.I know we need help on D badly but I'd prefer he take his time and come back in due time.

I somewhat agree that it's likely he'll take some time once he's fully healed and back on the field to get anywhere near his old self. I think the chances he gets back to that level of playing are not easily calculated. I'm pessimistic but hopeful....

Clearly with the injuries at the LB spot we have lost some play-makers (and it's likely to still be a bit before Beason gets back 100%). We're gonna need more impact players on the D somewhere. That's what we have have to find in this upcoming draft regardless of the exact defensive position IMO.

weren't you trying to prove a point? didn't think you were one to cop out.

face it, "the odds" are meaningless

Actually I get tired of debating with those kind of inane arguments. How you can think that citing whether Cam Newton will reprise his rookie year is even remotely related to a medical study of players recovering from Achilles surgery is beyond me. One is based on 5 years of research and concludes that players have an average of 50% drop off and linebackers are the worse at 95%. The other is about a sophomore slump.

In what world are these things even remotely related other than they are both probability issues.

An interview with David Beckham six months after his ruptured his Achilles, says he feels good, was able to play later on, in a physically demanding sport. Was he the same? I don't know, but he is playing now and on his feet for full lengths of the matches that he plays in.

I'm honestly have concerns whether he return well enough to be an impact player for us.

Something tells me that the team will give him the chance to comeback without his replacement already here. That may, or may not be a mistake.

Historically, the panthers have fantastic at picking linebackers from all rounds of the draft. I'm sure they'll improve our depth.

Guess we'll know for sure, come draft day.

Archived