• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm still sticking by Hardy's side.

KBRed

If Hardy didn't suck against the run, it's kinda funny how teams ran it on his side. Almost like they were exposing a weakness. :eek:

Funny after these articles, he still has 'a side'. Not that it matters, but I would bet Hardy will be a force to reckon with this year.

I've always backed Hardy. The times when Hardy looked bad in run defense were when he failed to contain the edge and force the play back inside. The reason for that was because he would jump inside, which, in my opinion, was because of our weak interior line and his desire to stop the inside run and consequently he would give up some big runs to the outside. He essentially just needs to trust his line and hold his position, and this will come with more experience and, of course, better line play.

Rivera said his main problem against the run was having the discipline to stay with his assignment. I remember a TB touchdown run where he did exactly what Floppin' outlined above. Would have been in the right place if he hadn't "freelanced". Rivera had a little one-on-one with him on the sideline about it. Coach him up...he'll be more than fine.

For all the crap people have talked about his play against the run, they wouldn't be saying much if we had DTs that were worth a crap/occupy blockers/don't get pancaked. He's made several great plays against the run that I remember, but it's hard to do that when you get guards double teaming you with tackles after they pancake a 300 lb. DT.

People also fail to realize how many passes he deflected (IIRC he either led the league for DL or was 2nd). He is gonna be a good one.

This is the truth. Hopefully we can stay injury free this year and add some help on the Dline. Edwards will be a huge upgrade and hopefully Fua can add some muscle so he is not a swinging door this year.

Archived