• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brockers didn't even actually participate in bench press...

JawnyBlaze

When I saw 19 reps I thought wait what? Only 19 that doesn't make sense given how dominant he was. Didn't read too much into the supposed thing because when I saw him he had the necessarily football speed to be successful in the NFL. I pay more attention to that 1st step explosiveness that you need.

Looking forward to his pro day just to see what he does. I want him as the 9th pick & I haven't seen anything yet to change my mind.(unless Blackmon/Kalil falls in draft)

If you are going to knock Brockers for not lifting, then do the same with Luck, RGIII, Blackmon, Upshaw, and all others that decided not to participate in one or more drills.

If you excuse it for one person but not the other, it is hypocrisy, simple and plain.

Since almost no one thinks any of those will be drafted by the Panthers I don't really understand your logic. We are however considering drafting Brockers. It is a red flag that he didn't compete but to me his film is what makes me Leary of drafting him this high. Decastro is looking more and more like he will be the pick if we stay put, Poe if we trade back to the teens.

Since almost no one thinks any of those will be drafted by the Panthers I don't really understand your logic. We are however considering drafting Brockers. It is a red flag that he didn't compete but to me his film is what makes me Leary of drafting him this high. Decastro is looking more and more like he will be the pick if we stay put, Poe if we trade back to the teens.

I agree

Comparing lifting weights to throwing to strange WRs is a bit of a stretch. Luck and RGIII have game tape that shows what they can do. As a soph who has gained 70 pounds in three years, strength might be a concern--how was the weight gained. I see they hypocrisy angle, but hiding info hurts every time. Luck and RGIII were criticized for not throwing, Cam was praised for throwing. How is there a real double standard?

Funny, everyone is singing Poe's song when he underperfomed at Memphis. Nobody is singing Coples song any longer because he underpeformed at UNC. However, Coples blew it up at the SR bowl. When have all of you Poe fans seen Him destroy high level competition in a game? That is hypocrisy, if you ask me. RR has stated that we need pass rush. He has also stated that our situation at Dt improved a lot in 11.

My board at #9

Coples

Kuechley

DeCastro

Reiff

I agree

Comparing lifting weights to throwing to strange WRs is a bit of a stretch. Luck and RGIII have game tape that shows what they can do. As a soph who has gained 70 pounds in three years, strength might be a concern--how was the weight gained. I see they hypocrisy angle, but hiding info hurts every time. Luck and RGIII were criticized for not throwing, Cam was praised for throwing. How is there a real double standard?

Funny, everyone is singing Poe's song when he underperfomed at Memphis. Nobody is singing Coples song any longer because he underpeformed at UNC. However, Coples blew it up at the SR bowl. When have all of you Poe fans seen Him destroy high level competition in a game? That is hypocrisy, if you ask me. RR has stated that we need pass rush. He has also stated that our situation at Dt improved a lot in 11.

My board at #9

Coples

Kuechley

DeCastro

Reiff

The difference is I see Brockers and Poes strengths as the same, there run D. Neither of them have displayed the pass rushing ability to be a UT. So if we need a NT (which we do) I would rather get the one who is a better athlete and is 350lbs. If we stay put Decastro is the only guy I want if we trade back to the 15-20 range I want Poe (assuming Decastro is gone) and I was leaning that way pre-combine (albeit I was thinking in the 20-25 range). We need talent in the interior of this Dline. I would sign Jason Jones (for a UT) and then still draft Poe thats how much I think it is a need.

Also, something has to be said about Brockers being from LSU.

There have been 3 or 4 DTs from LSU drafted early in the first round over the past few years, and all of them have been busts.

Is it Les Miles' scheme? Maybe because they play on a talented defense that makes them look better than they really are?

I think it is a legitimate question.

He had a chance to show why he was the best prospect, but he decided not to work out because he was afraid it would hurt his blue chip status.

You don't show you're the best prospect at the combine, you do that by playing games on the football field.

Frankly, I find much of this thread laughable.

Some are so wedded to Brockers that they cannot entertain the idea that he is anything less than elite. The anti-Brockers, mostly made up of Poe supporters, find fault with everything Brockers does or doesn't do, no matter how insignificant.

Why is it so hard to gather as much data as possible (legitimate data, not hearsay) and then make your decision on who we should draft? Why get so emotionally wrapped up, pro or con, with one player before the evaluation process is completed?

I just hope our coaches are a bit more objective than most of the posters in this thread. If not, we are in big trouble as an organization.

i was wondering how it could be spun negatively on brockers.

thanks for showing how.

Its just one opinion dude. Guess what, people have a right to their own opinion.. you can see it as the dude got screwed at the combine and something is fishy... another dude has the right to say hes making excuses because he had a bad combine performance.. either way you are both right.. makes his pro day extremely important. Have a seat.

Frankly, I find much of this thread laughable.

Some are so wedded to Brockers that they cannot entertain the idea that he is anything less than elite. The anti-Brockers, mostly made up of Poe supporters, find fault with everything Brockers does or doesn't do, no matter how insignificant.

Why is it so hard to gather as much data as possible (legitimate data, not hearsay) and then make your decision on who we should draft? Why get so emotionally wrapped up, pro or con, with one player before the evaluation process is completed?

I just hope our coaches are a bit more objective than most of the posters in this thread. If not, we are in big trouble as an organization.

This

Archived