• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brockers didn't even actually participate in bench press...

JawnyBlaze

yeah pretty stupid. I agree. Brockers jumped early and does not even seem prepared for the show. Sorry resting on your laurels and just expecting a payday is a big red flag for me. Cam went in to the combine and threw. Something Luck and RG3 did not do. I mean if your a WR run the 40, if your a trench warrior do the bench. It's BS not to. Whether you lift or run or throw at your proday does not matter. I want the guy that says "Bring it" i am the best here at whatever i do.

from the above linked article...

something is screwy here.

Agreed, that article had all kinds of information that Brocker's was disputing. Even his measurement. "For me the combine numbers that came out (minus the BP) just confirmed what I saw." Even though it doesn't change my opinion, I'll wait and see what he does at the LSU pro day.

If you are going to knock Brockers for not lifting, then do the same with Luck, RGIII, Blackmon, Upshaw, and all others that decided not to participate in one or more drills.

If you excuse it for one person but not the other, it is hypocrisy, simple and plain.

Well, I mean he walked in there as the best prospect, but instead of showing teams what he could do, he decided he didnt want to work out.

My guess is that he and his camp felt like he had nothing to prove, but once he got destroyed in the workouts by Poe, he is making all of these excuses.

Why didnt he work out?

I dont like the fact that he can go into the combine as the best prospect, not do a damn thing, and when he gets shown up by a lesser prospect who is going to take money from him on draft day, he decides to make excuses.

It is what it is. He had his chance to show that he was a better prospect, but decided not to work out.

If he was so worried about his draft status, he should have proved it. Instead, a lesser player took advantage of the shot he was given and now he is the man on top.

how about this...he doesn't and didn't have to participate in any of them. he has a pro day coming up. he already had a bunch of private meetings and workouts with different teams lined up. what was the point?

what the combine does for players with little interest generated is hopefully to give teams a reason to look closer at them. most of these guys, though, the teams have already looked at.

he wasn't going to prove anything. he had nothing to prove. his game tape did most of it and his private workouts with teams will take care of the rest. combine just doesn't play that much of role.

team scouts and execs have said repeatedly that the combine plays a very little part in their decision making process. many say 20%, others say 10%.

so why are the guys in his camp speaking out about the inaccuracies about his 40 time and bench press? it's their job. why wouldn't they. it's not a matter of putting a good spin on something. it's taking wrong statements that people have said and getting the facts out there. better question is why wouldn't they try to get the record straight? who wouldn't. sorry...having a gripe with anyone wanting to get the record straight about themselves is just flat lame.

yeah pretty stupid. I agree. Brockers jumped early and does not even seem prepared for the show. Sorry resting on your laurels and just expecting a payday is a big red flag for me. Cam went in to the combine and threw. Something Luck and RG3 did not do. I mean if your a WR run the 40, if your a trench warrior do the bench. It's BS not to. Whether you lift or run or throw at your proday does not matter. I want the guy that says "Bring it" i am the best here at whatever i do.
meh...here's another one that thinks the combine means more than it does.

resting on your laurels? :lol: get over it.

I take my comment back. He wasnt making excuses, it was just a clarification.

But still, I think the fact that he didnt show off his skills was a bad move on his part.

Now everyone thinks that Poe is a lot stronger than Brockers, and all Brock can do is sit back, and hope his stock doesnt fall.

Pretty stupid in my book.

And like Brandon above me, I am still doubting that he will be able to prove that he is better than Poe.

They are both raw prospects, but at least Poe went out there and showed that he is as strong as an ox, while brockers thought that he didnt have to work out.

again, why does it matter if he already has private meetings and workouts with teams lined up as well as his pro day?

it's not being lazy. it's not not wanting to be shown up. he already got what he needed. showing up to the dog and pony show was just a formality at that point. beyond that there was no reason for him to do any of it.

I've been confused about the handling of Brockers at the combine since measurements. At first they said he was 6'7", then 6'5", apparently he didn't do the bench press. I'm not a conspiracy person, but this kind of stuff rarely happens at the combine where exact stats are the purpose. I'm just curious why there's been so many problems with Brockers stats.

Archived