• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

Wonder how long it will take for some of the footballer's on ESPN to come out and say this really is no big deal and that it's been going on throughout football for years (although maybe not quite so meticulously).

Problem is if they try and defend it by saying its been going on throughout the league (even at less extreme measures) for a long time then they'll further make the NFL look bad with all this concussion/long term injury talk.

I don't believe this is gonna be pretty for the Saints....

Wow, read some of the stuff in this article:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7638603/new-orleans-saints-defense-had-bounty-program-nfl-says

$1,000 for a knock out and $1,500 for a cart off.

Goodell's reign has been almost exclusively about player saftey. I think he is going to come down hard on this and make an example of the saints. it would not suprise me to see them face a heavy fine and also forfeit multiple draft picks (including the 2013 1st)

WOW, with all this emphasis on player safety the NFL needs to throw the book at the Taints and make an example of of them. Here we are talking about the long term effects of concussions, etc and the Saints are handing out bonuses for knocking people out? TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

I don't buy this crap that Benson told them to stop, if you're the owner and you tell them to stop and then you tune in next week and see more obvious cheap shots, then somebody isn't following orders right?

Saints should lose a first round pick, Sean Payton should be heavily fined and suspended for at least 5 games (if not the whole season) and Loomis should be terminated immediately... anything less then that is a farce and an exercise in complete hypocrisy by the NFL after all this emphasis on player safety.

Eh, I wouldn't say this is worse than blatant cheating.

But it is just about the next worse thing. Only going to make the transition of power in the NFC South that much faster. :cool:

Its worse in the fact it takes money out of the leagues pockets AND spits in the face of the only thing Goodell really tries to portray himself a champion of.

The NFL changed rules for QB's after Brady got hurt. This is a group of NFL people basically saying we are trying to hurt other players. Hurting STARS takes $$$ out of the NFL's pocket.

Will G. Williams still face a fine and suspension even though he is no longer with the Saints?

Greg Williams should be fined and suspended for the entire season for his role in this... I know that unfairly punishes the Rams, but it's the right thing to do.

Archived