• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

Big difference between taking a diet pill and ...

CHEATERS

he Observer reported that two players were given prescriptions for a combined five substances banned by the NFL -- a week before the Panthers left Charlotte for the Super Bowl in Houston. Three of the substances -- injectable testosterone cypionate, the banned supplement androstenedione and the hormone DHEA -- had not been reported before.

So... they were so stupid they got hit for something that didn't even help them? They'd fit right in with this years Saints!:D

Guest BigA3723

Wow, what a startling revelation...welcome to 2004. Hey, did you hear they are going to broadcast football in something called HD? I think George W Bush is going to get a 2nd term, but I don't know.

Well the difference is the Panther were juicing on Steriods which is cheating because it gives them an unfair advantage wheras the issue with Saints is a rule about receiving monies other than what's in contract and did not have anything to do with anything on the field.

Funny, when Cam Newton is your QB, it's funny how moral and ethical everyone has become over a few extra dollars handed out, especially when Cam is the posterboy for taking off field money. Let's not forget he's an admired thief of a laptop that he threw out the window when the cops came?!

There is an old saying, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

I am just pointing out the blatant hyprocrosy of Panther fans. The ALLEGED bounty gate or whatever you want to call it is miniscule compared to rampant steroid usage.

Holliday told the court in Shortt's sentencing hearing last month that the Panthers players involved considered the NFL's testing system "almost a joke"

So the players took testosterone and Winstrol, both highly detectable, and none were caught? I

How is it minuscule? In one case, a player is breaking the rules to improve his own performance. Terrible, bad, and needs to be stopped - and it was. It was isolated and did not appear to be something that the organization as a whole was supporting.

In the other case, players were conspiring with one another, with coaches and with friends of the team, to promote injuring other players on opposing teams by creating systems that rewarded injuring others, breaking rules and being just general assholes in the first place.

It's telling you think that an individual breaking rules for his own personal gain is worse than a wholesale corruption of a team by team leaders in order to injure other players. Both are bad... But one is a player (or a small group of players) making a poor decision, the other goes far beyond that.

I think I hear the sound of many Carolina huddles members saying "wow I forgot about how our team went to the Super Bowl because we taking illegal substances and I am criticizing the Saints because they hit to hard. Time to reevaluate my stance on this thing. Gosh I am a hypocrite"

Ding Ding Ding, looks like this is a no contest

I am just pointing out the blatant hyprocrosy of Panther fans. The ALLEGED bounty gate or whatever you want to call it is miniscule compared to rampant steroid usage.

Holliday told the court in Shortt's sentencing hearing last month that the Panthers players involved considered the NFL's testing system "almost a joke"

So the players took testosterone and Winstrol, both highly detectable, and none were caught? I

How is hypocrisy? I haven't seen any of us bring it up or condone it. no reason to bring it up. you know why? cuz it's over and in the past. unlike the deflection game you are trying to play today...in the present.

You're a true dipshit aren't you? You want to know how this would be comparable? If it was 22 players implicated, not 6, and if it was the coaches giving it to them, not them acquiring it of their own means. Also the result of this team wide steroid use would, of course, have to have been implicated in causing injury to opposing players.

You're just grasping at straws and you happened to find something a few minutes ago via a google search and come trolling along trying to make a point. The only problem is that you're, well, incredible dumb.

Well the difference is the Panther were juicing on Steriods which is cheating because it gives them an unfair advantage wheras the issue with Saints is a rule about receiving monies other than what's in contract and did not have anything to do with anything on the field.

Why would they do it if it didn't help in some way? Get your head out of the turf, of course it provided some kind of benefit or nobody would ever have done it. It provides motivation to do something that there is little motivation to otherwise - hurting another player.

Funny, when Cam Jordan is your QB, it's funny how moral and ethical everyone has become over a few extra dollars handed out, especially when Cam is the posterboy for taking off field money. Let's not forget he's an admired thief of a laptop that he threw out the window when the cops came?!

There is an old saying, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Actually it'd be quite funny if Cam Jordan were our QB, considering he plays defensive end for the Saints.

If you're gonna troll, at least be good at it.

Archived