• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

Updated: October 26, 2008, 7:13 PM ET

ESPN.com news services

Three members of the New Orleans Saints -- running back Deuce McAllister and defensive ends Will Smith and Charles Grant -- are among a number of NFL players confirmed to have tested positive under the NFL's steroid policy, ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen reported.

Mortensen confirmed through league sources on Saturday that the number of pending cases on the positive tests in violation of the steroids policy is eight.

Guest BigA3723

What a bunch of hypocrites

According to an investigative report posted on the Charlotte Observer's Web site on Sunday, a number of Carolina Panthers used a vast quantity and tremendous variety of performance-enhancing drugs during the team's 2004 Super Bowl season.

The newspaper looked at medical records and court documents released in conjunction with the federal steroids case against Dr. James Shortt, who last month was sentenced to one year and one day in prison for distributing steroids and human growth hormone.

"Several of [the players] were using disturbing, particularly alarmingly high amounts with high dosages for long durations -- some in combinations," said Dr. Gary Wadler, who prepared a report for the U.S. Attorney's Office that was used to prosecute Shortt. "This wasn't just a passing flirtation with these prohibited substances. When I see [prescriptions] 'renewed five times,' I say, 'What are you trying to accomplish?' "

Players' names were blacked out on Wadler's report, but the Observer reported that six Panthers -- and three of the five starting offensive linemen from the Super Bowl team -- were taking performance enhancers. And many reported adverse reactions.

How dare you bring in factual information into this argument!? It's funny how suddenly because it involves the Saints, everyone is one their high morality horse about a few hundred dollars given for big plays. These are multimillionaire athletes, playing the game on the field within the rules in front of referees, yet suddenly a few hundred dollar was extra motivation to risk $25k to $100k fines and possible suspensions of games which also meant hundreds of thousands of dollars in loss wages.

Gee I could lose a quarter million dollars between fines and suspensions, but hey, I'm going for that $750 pot by hitting that guy!

Big difference between taking a diet pill and ...

CHEATERS

he Observer reported that two players were given prescriptions for a combined five substances banned by the NFL -- a week before the Panthers left Charlotte for the Super Bowl in Houston. Three of the substances -- injectable testosterone cypionate, the banned supplement androstenedione and the hormone DHEA -- had not been reported before.

PANTHERS, CHEATERS TRYING TO GAIN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE

Forgot you can't read:

and three of the five starting offensive linemen from the Super Bowl team -- were taking performance enhancers. And many reported adverse reactions.

Wow, what a startling revelation...welcome to 2004. Hey, did you hear they are going to broadcast football in something called HD? I think George W Bush is going to get a 2nd term, but I don't know.

Guest BigA3723

Updated: October 26, 2008, 7:13 PM ET

ESPN.com news services

Three members of the New Orleans Saints -- running back Deuce McAllister and defensive ends Will Smith and Charles Grant -- are among a number of NFL players confirmed to have tested positive under the NFL's steroid policy, ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen reported.

Mortensen confirmed through league sources on Saturday that the number of pending cases on the positive tests in violation of the steroids policy is eight.

Here is actual facts and reason it took 3 years, it was a diuretic, not steroids

Initially, the suspension imposed on Smith and several other players, most of whom are now out of football, was four games. The players were found to have ingested a banned substance contained within a diuretic; they were not accused of taking steroids.

Lol is there another franchise in all of pro sports that has been involved as many scandals as the Saints* have?

Steroids, Vicodin, Bounties, openly receiving funds from felons, ignoring NFL rules, cap manipulation.....lol

lol that entire franchise is the perfect embodiment of the dump of a city they live in.

Big difference between taking a diet pill and ...

CHEATERS

he Observer reported that two players were given prescriptions for a combined five substances banned by the NFL -- a week before the Panthers left Charlotte for the Super Bowl in Houston. Three of the substances -- injectable testosterone cypionate, the banned supplement androstenedione and the hormone DHEA -- had not been reported before.

Is this guy for real or is he someone's alt trolling?

According to an investigative report posted on the Charlotte Observer's Web site on Sunday, a number of Carolina Panthers used a vast quantity and tremendous variety of performance-enhancing drugs during the team's 2004 Super Bowl season.

"According to an investigative report" Like what he's posting is new or something.

How dare you bring up something that has nothing to do with the saints* to defend the saints*. Sounds like a guilty conscience to me.

I am just pointing out the blatant hyprocrosy of Panther fans. The ALLEGED bounty gate or whatever you want to call it is miniscule compared to rampant steroid usage.

Holliday told the court in Shortt's sentencing hearing last month that the Panthers players involved considered the NFL's testing system "almost a joke"

So the players took testosterone and Winstrol, both highly detectable, and none were caught? I

Archived