• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

prepare for forum meltdown when the punishment isn't that extreme

I doubt it matches what most think is extreme. Some saints fans will insist it not a big deal if 10 draft picks are gone. Some will howl like pre teen girl if Payton is suspended for one game.

Here some will see next years first taken away as a huge blow. Others will cry foul if the Saints keep their trophy.

They only way I see it being insanely brutal is if the NFLPA & Goodell both decide that the risk of future "they didn't care about player safety" lawsuits is too great to deal a normal punishment.

Guest BigA3723

I doubt it matches what most think is extreme. Some saints fans will insist it not a big deal if 10 draft picks are gone. Some will howl like pre teen girl if Payton is suspended for one game.

Here some will see next years first taken away as a huge blow. Others will cry foul if the Saints keep their trophy.

They only way I see it being insanely brutal is if the NFLPA & Goodell both decide that the risk of future "they didn't care about player safety" lawsuits is too great to deal a normal punishment.

League already said punishment would only consist of fines and POSSIBLY suspensions and loss of draft picks. Why would their trophy even be mentioned? Also, Saints tied for highest score against Colts when Payton went out and Pete Carmichael came in for him. In fact he did such a good job, Carmichael was on HC job interview list by 2-3 teams and decided to stay at least one more year. So any suspensions of Payton have a proven backup in place and the fines are small potatoes for billionaire owner of Saints, Tom Benson, number 392 on Forbes 500 list.

League already said punishment would only consist of fines and POSSIBLY suspensions and loss of draft picks. Why would their trophy even be mentioned? Also, Saints tied for highest score against Colts when Payton went out and Pete Carmichael came in for him. In fact he did such a good job, Carmichael was on HC job interview list by 2-3 teams and decided to stay at least one more year. So any suspensions of Payton have a proven backup in place and the fines are small potatoes for billionaire owner of Saints, Tom Benson, number 392 on Forbes 500 list.

Blah blah blah

The Taints were exposed as the classless scumbags I have always known they were. Payton's druggie ass was exposed as a cheater. Brees has ruined your little "he loves the city more than money" wet dream. Any fines and penalties are just gravy to me. I was more than satisfied seeing your little sh*tty franchise get exposed. The simple fact that cheating will be brought up every time the Taints are mentioned from this point on is awesome.

you say potatoe I say potato

It is that kind of arrogance that likely made the Saints think the rules did not apply to them. That arrogance had already rubbed NFL execs the wrong way before this story broke.

No need to worry about the trophy...it is forever tainted.

What a bunch of hypocrites

According to an investigative report posted on the Charlotte Observer's Web site on Sunday, a number of Carolina Panthers used a vast quantity and tremendous variety of performance-enhancing drugs during the team's 2004 Super Bowl season.

The newspaper looked at medical records and court documents released in conjunction with the federal steroids case against Dr. James Shortt, who last month was sentenced to one year and one day in prison for distributing steroids and human growth hormone.

"Several of [the players] were using disturbing, particularly alarmingly high amounts with high dosages for long durations -- some in combinations," said Dr. Gary Wadler, who prepared a report for the U.S. Attorney's Office that was used to prosecute Shortt. "This wasn't just a passing flirtation with these prohibited substances. When I see [prescriptions] 'renewed five times,' I say, 'What are you trying to accomplish?' "

Players' names were blacked out on Wadler's report, but the Observer reported that six Panthers -- and three of the five starting offensive linemen from the Super Bowl team -- were taking performance enhancers. And many reported adverse reactions.

Guest BigA3723

you say potatoe I say potato

That's so sad that you are trying to nitpick a post of mine on grammatical correctness and expose yourself. I said "potatoes" , which is the plural of "potato", I never said "potatoe"!

Here is a link to help you remember the grammar rules we learned in 3rd grade since you seem to have forgotten:

http://www.grammar-quizzes.com/agree1a.html

What a bunch of hypocrites

According to an investigative report posted on the Charlotte Observer's Web site on Sunday, a number of Carolina Panthers used a vast quantity and tremendous variety of performance-enhancing drugs during the team's 2004 Super Bowl season.

The newspaper looked at medical records and court documents released in conjunction with the federal steroids case against Dr. James Shortt, who last month was sentenced to one year and one day in prison for distributing steroids and human growth hormone.

"Several of [the players] were using disturbing, particularly alarmingly high amounts with high dosages for long durations -- some in combinations," said Dr. Gary Wadler, who prepared a report for the U.S. Attorney's Office that was used to prosecute Shortt. "This wasn't just a passing flirtation with these prohibited substances. When I see [prescriptions] 'renewed five times,' I say, 'What are you trying to accomplish?' "

Players' names were blacked out on Wadler's report, but the Observer reported that six Panthers -- and three of the five starting offensive linemen from the Super Bowl team -- were taking performance enhancers. And many reported adverse reactions.

What is the correct response? Oh yeah

Who cares? Everybody does it.

Did I do it right?

That's so sad that you are trying to nitpick a post of mine on grammatical correctness and expose yourself. I said "potatoes" , which is the plural of "potato", I never said "potatoe"!

Here is a link to help you remember the grammar rules we learned in 3rd grade since you seem to have forgotten:

http://www.grammar-quizzes.com/agree1a.html

I only did a stoopid joke. No wonder you only have one piece of pie.

Archived