• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

Next, "Free Agency". Apparently you are not educated on this issue. The league issued a statement that punishment would be limited to FINES, DRAFT PICKS, AND SUSPENSIONS. So free agency is not affect at all. But they did leave out the whole loss of league respect point! Tear.......LMFAO

Bree's holding Saints hostage...They franchised him, that limits his cap hit and a deal can wait till next year when cap space is bigger. Of course they want to finalize a deal before season, but financially, the tag is used and Bree's can't get anymore money unless offered, that's how the tag works, so wrong again!

My points went right over your midget head. Your addressings were just lame assumptions.

-Free agency as in not many people want to play for you, kinda similar to league respect, nobody should be surprised that means nothing to you.

-Draft picks, okay you suck at drafting so you say that doesnt hurt, similar midget logic as point above.

-Yes you franchised Brees, he doesnt have to sign it. Derp forgot about that? That is until you over pay for him and lose the pieces that make him great.

Guest BigA3723

i love that one of the main arguments from a saints* fan is that they draft horribly... so that makes losing draft picks ok :lol:

Not what I said. I made the point that last year we didn't get much out of our draft picks, mainly because two of the best ones ended up on IR. our 1st rounder Cam was pretty mediocre, but will hopefully continue to improve. The point was our benefits from draft picks last year was minimal and it had no effect.

The Saints have a history of drafting great in later rounds, Carl Nicks, Jimmy Graham, Colston, etc. So with two great guys we picked last year ready to go this year, that should more than fill in the spot of the 1 or 2 picks we lose.

As for suspension, almost half of the players and coach involved are on other teams. The few remaining players will be lost for a game or two and we will have an entire off season to plan for those losses. The only one that could be suspended more than a game or two would be Vilma who spent most of last season injured and had Dunbar fill in very successfully. Finally, if they suspend Coach Payton for a few games, we have a tried and proven backup in Pete Carmichael that did so well, he was pursued to be a head coach this offseason and decided to stay another year with Saints!

Guest BigA3723

My points went right over your midget head. Your addressings were just lame assumptions.

-Free agency as in not many people want to play for you, kinda similar to league respect, nobody should be surprised that means nothing to you.

-Draft picks, okay you suck at drafting so you say that doesnt hurt, similar midget logic as point above.

-Yes you franchised Brees, he doesnt have to sign it. Derp forgot about that? That is until you over pay for him and lose the pieces that make him great.

The Saints have the second highest probability of going to Superbowl next year according to Vegas number crunchers, many players will take a slightly lower deal to play for them, that has happened many times in past 3 years. Now you're going say a player will turn down an offer for the bounty issue? The overwhelming majority of players have come out and basically said "so what, they all do it"! Yet you are saying a NFL athlete will turn down a contract because of a past issue involving a coach that is no longer there and more than half of the players not there anymore either!? And I have the midget mind? You are so incredibly reaching with that one, reaching in a major way!

If Bree's doesn't sign tag, he doesn't play and neither side wants that, so until something has happened, let's keep it in reality! Brees has a lot of time to sign tag or get new deal, currently he is tagged and only like $16 mil cap hit, that is current reality.

Also, I have had suite tickets to Saints since 1982, so another fail. It's funny you talking about winning seasons when Saints have top 3 winning record for past 5 years and Panther have, well let's just say they have been picking very high on draft day! Lol , Nice storytelling attempt! A for effort, but unfortunately a F for factual content!

LOL the last 5 years!! Typical f*ckin Taint fan. All time record of Taints vs Panthers is 17-17 I believe. If you had suite tickets you'd remember some of those 17 losses. Every Taint fan always claims to be a fan since 81 and own suite tickets. From the way you guys blabber, you'd think those suites must seat 100,000 inbreds swamp retards. Gotta be one smelly ass suite.

Stop feeding the Trolls...

nah, He can't do this on the taints* board, so he's here to get it off his chest.

Just think if we went there do you think we would get 40 posts? We talk freely here about most everything without fear of being banned. You can't do that there.

Yet you are saying a NFL athlete will turn down a contract because of a past issue involving a coach that is no longer there and more than half of the players not there anymore either!? And I have the midget mind? You are so incredibly reaching with that one, reaching in a major way!

yea if he has not interest in playing there. all your hard work you're putting in on here has me wondering who you are trying to convince more? us although reality is clear, or you, wanting to wake up from your usual night terrors.

nah, He can't do this on the taints* board, so he's here to get it off his chest.

Just think if we went there do you think we would get 40 posts? We talk freely here about most everything without fear of being banned. You can't do that there.

True but he's starting to stink up the joint. You're never going to convince a Taints * fan with facts...stupid is forever.

Guest BigA3723

Stop feeding the Trolls...

That's the whole point you're missing to, I'm not trolling, I'm trying to give you a realistic view from Saints fans perspective and have included multiple links to Saints boards to back it up. The bottom line is Saints fans are not all too worried about punishment after the league issued statement that only things will be fines to our billionaire owner, suspensions to players and coaches of which most are on other teams, and loss of a draft pick or two which the team has done just fine without when lost to IR last year. That's it, no trolling, just facts!

Further, we kinda like the bad boy Bounty Hunter moniker and have made t-shirts with Boba Fett with Saints paint job and have some good costumes ready for next year. Not only is this uniting the fans which will make it a nightmare for anyone playing in Dome, it is also uniting the current players. If you look at their twitter pages, a large number of players started showing up last week early to start offseason workouts ahead of time and show unity with other players. Many players have specifically said on twitter they are here to show unity! I love the Saints will go into next season with a chip on their shoulder and so will the fans after all the bounty stuff. Who Dat!

Archived