• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

Guest BigA3723

lol you can tell all the Saints* "fans" around here are new to their bandwagons. You guys need to relax, things are simply going back to the way they've always been. I know during your time as a fan you've built up this delusion that the Saints* are some powerhouse team with fans across the nation, but the truth is that your franchise has spent almost half a century being irrelevant, and no one outside of that miserable little swamp you call a sate cares about your irrelevant franchise. The Saints* are simply returning back to their original form, embrace it, and if your a true fan, stay on the bandwagon. Maybe your team will be able scrape together a winning season every now and again.

Funny, for an irrelevant franchise as you call it, your PANTHERS board has 6 active threads about Saints on its front page, yet you can't even find a Panthers thread on the Saints board! But hey, don't let reality get in the way of your story telling.

Also, I have had suite tickets to Saints since 1982, so another fail. It's funny you talking about winning seasons when Saints have top 3 winning record for past 5 years and Panther have, well let's just say they have been picking very high on draft day! Lol , Nice storytelling attempt! A for effort, but unfortunately a F for factual content!

Just to remind everyone that the point is the punishments coming won't make a big difference.

Any fine is not counted against cap space, so no big deal. In case someone thinks even a $1 mil fine will make Benson blink, here is a link to his Forbes page as he is a BILLIONAIRE!

http://www.forbes.com/profile/tom-benson-3/

Oh no, please don't give me a fine worth 0.001 % of my net worth, I might have to take one less flight in my Gulfstream! Boo hoo

You are probably right, that is about the fines pretty much mean nothing. Sooner or later this will just blow over. Not:

-Draft picks

-League respect

-Free agency

-Brees holding his beloved Stains hostage and proving he is nothing more than the average athlete that has a me-first mentality... maybe or maybe not the whole bounty thing has him reconsidering his options. I mean if all the Stains fans opinions about him are true, then he would definitely try to disassociate himself from this permanently stained franchise.

An almost 5 year old game you won by 23 points is supposed to be a one up on a 28 point win where our starters got pulled before end of game that was the last game your team actually played! Really!? Seriously!? Gee, you really showed me!

and you really showed me by putting up a score on the worst defense in the NFL inside of a dome.

Funny, for an irrelevant franchise as you call it, your PANTHERS board has 6 active threads about Saints on its front page, yet you can't even find a Panthers thread on the Saints board! But hey, don't let reality get in the way of your story telling.

a rivals board is soaking up one of the NFL largest scandals? say it ain't so!

y'all are too busy trying to convince each other this will be swept under the carpet.. why would you be talking about the Panthers when you're about to lose draft picks and half your team/coach to suspension...

will you raise a valid point sometime soon?

So bottom line, a NFL owner wanted more state assistance, threatened to leave to a city that would give it to him, and immediately the fans put up their money and so did city, Owner satisfied.

So what is so terrible about this story?

You're right, it was not lack of support from fans but from the city. Katrina may be the worst thing to happen to the city, but best thing for them to keep their team. He woulda had to be a real schmuck to move them after that disaster. But you could tell the city has its priorities in line, take care of the entertainers first, the people who pay taxes second.

a rivals board is soaking up one of the NFL largest scandals? say it ain't so!

y'all are too busy trying to convince each other this will be swept under the carpet.. why would you be talking about the Panthers when you're about to lose draft picks and half your team/coach to suspension... will you raise a valid point sometime soon?

nobody in the rest of the division could shut the fug up about it when peppers was refusing to sign his tender. i'd say this is a much, much bigger deal.

Guest BigA3723

You are probably right, that is about the fines pretty much mean nothing. Sooner or later this will just blow over. Not:

-Draft picks

-League respect

-Free agency

-Brees holding his beloved Stains hostage and proving he is nothing more than the average athlete that has a me-first mentality... maybe or maybe not the whole bounty thing has him reconsidering his options. I mean if all the Stains fans opinions about him are true, then he would definitely try to disassociate himself from this permanently stained franchise.

I already addressed all these point by point in my original post, I am now addressing the tangents people have gone on since they couldn't argue my bounty punishment points. Let me have a second go at it.

First of, let's start easy, "League Respect". Lol. Lmao .hahahahaha oh no, other teams might not like us! Lol HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Great start!

Next, "Free Agency". Apparently you are not educated on this issue. The league issued a statement that punishment would be limited to FINES, DRAFT PICKS, AND SUSPENSIONS. So free agency is not affect at all. But they did leave out the whole loss of league respect point! Tear.......LMFAO

DRAFT PICKS- Sainst already planned for loss of picks. Further, not even last years 1st pick Cam Jordan turned put very good, nor did really any other draft pick. So last year we didn't get much out of our draft picks and how did that affect us.....the best offense ever on history of NFL. We did have two real promising guys Greg Romeus and Morgan that spent last year on IR and should be ready to go this year.

Bree's holding Saints hostage...They franchised him, that limits his cap hit and a deal can wait till next year when cap space is bigger. Of course they want to finalize a deal before season, but financially, the tag is used and Bree's can't get anymore money unless offered, that's how the tag works, so wrong again!

Archived