• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

A friend at App who magically became a Saints fan in 2010 just posted on his FB that he's only a Brees fan and has always been. Every profile pick of his is one of the Saints logo. Abandon ship I guess.

I believe the ship jumping already happened. Some of my friends came up from SC yesterday and one of em is now a "Brees Fan" exactly as you said it and no longer talks about the rest of the team.

A friend at App who magically became a Saints fan in 2010 just posted on his FB that he's only a Brees fan and has always been. Every profile pick of his is one of the Saints logo. Abandon ship I guess.

yeah that's not surprising. i spent about six years in boone and it seems to be a big bandwagon town when it comes to pro football. i barely knew anybody there that identified as a panthers fan after 2005 but i can recall plenty of people jumping on the saints bandwagon after their super bowl.

yeah that's not surprising. i spent about six years in boone and it seems to be a big bandwagon town when it comes to pro football. i barely knew anybody there that identified as a panthers fan after 2005 but i can recall plenty of people jumping on the saints bandwagon after their super bowl.

People look at me in awe when I tell them I'm a bigger Panther fan than App fan. I love App but I love the Panthers more. The SEC love affair has turned me off to ALL college football for some reason and I use to be a big college fan. I still laugh at the Edwards shrines in bars that have the 10 jersey. I'd make comments like "nice Mare shrine" and people look at me like I'm dumb.

Oh and after GB won the SB in 2011 everyone wore Green and Yellow the next day. I looked around campus with a "the fug?" look all day. One of my fraternity brothers is a packers fan...and he's from Atlanta...and his family is from Florida...I make fun of him all the time.

Is this the same Benson family that would have been running the San Antonio Saints franchise if it hadn't been for the world-wide pity party thrown for your piss-smelling city due to Hurricane Katrina?

LOL, the same Benson family that wouldn't spend a dime to upgrade the superdome? that Benson family?

Hey you guys weren't supposed to remember that

Guest BigA3723

Hey you guys weren't supposed to remember that

Benson was threatening to move the team unless the state paid for a new stadium or large scale renovation of Superdome. He just wanted more government money used just like 30 other teams had. Only one team was receiving less state financial assistance than his current deal with New Orleans and Texas was offering him a brand new stadium to move. Contrary to what many here seem to think, the NFL is a business and Benson wanted the same deal almost every owner was getting. The state offered him more and fans bought up all remaining season tickets and sealed the deal.

So bottom line, a NFL owner wanted more state assistance, threatened to leave to a city that would give it to him, and immediately the fans put up their money and so did city, Owner satisfied.

So what is so terrible about this story?

The move had nothing to do with fans or support of team and it was the fans actions of quickly buying up tickets that helped keep the team. We just did same thing recently with the Hornets!

Why would any Saints fan want to forget the time when fans all showed their commitment with their money and saved the team from moving!? That just proves how much the city loves the team!

Oh no, the NFL is a business, yikes, so scary! Next thing you know, players might want more money when they sign new contracts and might threaten to go to another team willin to pay more, imagine that!?

Guest BigA3723

Just to remind everyone that the point is the punishments coming won't make a big difference.

Any fine is not counted against cap space, so no big deal. In case someone thinks even a $1 mil fine will make Benson blink, here is a link to his Forbes page as he is a BILLIONAIRE!

http://www.forbes.com/profile/tom-benson-3/

Oh no, please don't give me a fine worth 0.001 % of my net worth, I might have to take one less flight in my Gulfstream! Boo hoo

lol you can tell all the Saints* "fans" around here are new to their bandwagons. You guys need to relax, things are simply going back to the way they've always been. I know during your time as a fan you've built up this delusion that the Saints* are some powerhouse team with fans across the nation, but the truth is that your franchise has spent almost half a century being irrelevant, and no one outside of that miserable little swamp you call a state cares about your irrelevant franchise. The Saints* are simply returning back to their original form, embrace it, and if your a true fan, stay on the bandwagon. Maybe your team will be able scrape together a winning season every now and again.

lol you can tell all the Saints* "fans" around here are new to their bandwagons. You guys need to relax, things are simply going back to the way they've always been. I know during your time as a fan you've built up this delusion that the Saints* are some powerhouse team with fans across the nation, but the truth is that your franchise has spent almost half a century being irrelevant, and no one outside of that miserable little swamp you call a sate cares about your irrelevant franchise. The Saints* are simply returning back to their original form, embrace it, and if your a true fan, stay on the bandwagon. Maybe your team will be able scrape together a winning season every now and again.

boom goes the dynamite...

Just to remind everyone that the point is the punishments coming won't make a big difference.

Any fine is not counted against cap space, so no big deal. In case someone thinks even a $1 mil fine will make Benson blink, here is a link to his Forbes page as he is a BILLIONAIRE!

http://www.forbes.com/profile/tom-benson-3/

Oh no, please don't give me a fine worth 0.001 % of my net worth, I might have to take one less flight in my Gulfstream! Boo hoo

draft picks will hurt, and don't assume because you don't have a 1st this year that Goodell won't take future 1st round picks away.. if you are so delusional that you think this will not hurt the saints* franchise, well, no one is shocked inbred saints* fans can't generate rational thoughts..

if half, or all of your starting defense is suspended half the year, or possibly longer, you will suffer.

if sean payton* is suspended half the year or longer, he will not be allowed to generate game plans for your team... this will hurt the franchise.

fines will not hurt the team overall.. but it's a nice cherry on the top.

Archived