• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

I don't think I'd attribute that to having balls.

Lack of brains and/or lack of life seem more likely options.

I think he's hoping with all his hope that the Saints do get a slap in the wrist so he can strut around typing "I told you so!" As fast as his lil fingers can type. If the hammer comes down, no biggie, he can just disappear & come up with a new name should he decide to come back.

So... pretty much that last bit of your post.

Catman, I see your point, but there are differences here, which means they were bad and stupid:

No other teams who did this:

Were caught by the leaugue and warned

The owner tells the GM to stop the practice

It continued, this time with the knowledge of the GM and head coach

And then when the Commish reveals the results of the 3-year investigation, the owner "stands behind his coach and GM 110%"

THAT has never happened before.

Agree, it's the level to which the Saints took this that's unique.

breezing2anotherSB

I'm just curious, if the saints did nothing wrong then why are they being punished?

Careful with your answer, you might expose yourself for the troll you are.

Number one both Warner and Farve have publicly said that the hits were legal and fine with them.

Number two Saints have not been punished

Number three This is probably the most overblown bunch of hypocritical bull**** that has ever been displayed in the history of organized sports. The vast majority of ex NFL players are coming out saying that it is ridiculous

Number four If the Saints do get punished (and it will be much lighter than people are predicting) it will only be because the commisioner wants to send a message to all the other teams that are doing the same thing.

Number five Even if the Saints get punished and lose 2nd or third round picks they had the greatest offense in the history of the league last year and will be the favorite to win the NFC south and will have a new dc that will make them much better

lol 31 other teams know the saints are full of poo and have coached their players to be careful when playing them because they'll take cheap shots.

i'm amazed that the ties of fanhood, strong though they can be, have collectively deluded an entire fanbase to the point that they don't see what's at stake here. this is bigger than your team getting punished and making you sad, and you should be grateful that your team is being shoved through a woodchipper for the betterment of the league.

Number one both Warner and Farve have publicly said that the hits were legal and fine with them.

Number three This is probably the most overblown bunch of hypocritical bull**** that has ever been displayed in the history of organized sports. The vast majority of ex NFL players are coming out saying that it is ridiculous

Number four If the Saints do get punished (and it will be much lighter than people are predicting) it will only be because the commisioner wants to send a message to all the other teams that are doing the same thing.

Number five Even if the Saints get punished and lose 2nd or third round picks they had the greatest offense in the history of the league last year and will be the favorite to win the NFC south and will have a new dc that will make them much better

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/favre-says-ref-apologized-for-missing-saints-hit-in-nfc-championship/

Proves #1 is wrong and automatically voids everything else you said. Your super bowl victory is a fraud.

Here is an example of things being overblown.

Saints GM was told to stop the bounty program and he still didn't do it!

Mickey Loomis was told by Tom Benson AT THE END OF THE 2011 SEASON. In other words about 6 or 7 weeks ago. Who knows if it was the day before the Saints first playoff game or what. It's not like he knew for months and kept quiet and I am sure that he knew Williams was leaving and he wouldn't have to deal with it if it was true. The perception is that there was some big conspiracy and that was just not true. The media is just out of control and the reason the penalties will not be severe is because proof is leaking out that multiple teams are doing the same thing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/07/favre-says-ref-apologized-for-missing-saints-hit-in-nfc-championship/

Proves #1 is wrong and automatically voids everything else you said. Your super bowl victory is a fraud.

“Morelli, by the way, through the league, denies telling that to Favre. . proves that you are no different than the lying media who has overblown the story

You can"t claim "greatest offense in history" when you're one and done in the playoffs.

And the title of "greatest offense in regular season history is worth a great big "so what?"

Here is an example of things being overblown.

Saints GM was told to stop the bounty program and he still didn't do it!

Mickey Loomis was told by Tom Benson AT THE END OF THE 2011 SEASON. In other words about 6 or 7 weeks ago. Who knows if it was the day before the Saints first playoff game or what. It's not like he knew for months and kept quiet and I am sure that he knew Williams was leaving and he wouldn't have to deal with it if it was true. The perception is that there was some big conspiracy and that was just not true. The media is just out of control and the reason the penalties will not be severe is because proof is leaking out that multiple teams are doing the same thing.

Who gives a poo. Should I believe you or 50,000 pages worth of evidence by NFL investigation team. I'll go with an actual detectives on this one.

“Morelli, by the way, through the league, denies telling that to Favre. . proves that you are no different than the lying media who has overblown the story

Common sense, buddy. He will denied it. If he says on National TV that he blew a call that decided super bowl team, he pretty much warrants himself a pink slip.

Archived