• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

Just curious, remove the biased opinion about the Panthers, what was wrong with the hits on Warner or Farve?

Just curious, how's that "Breez loves New Orleans and will sign a long term deal and play for a discount" stuff coming?

Just curious, remove the biased opinion about the Panthers, what was wrong with the hits on Warner or Farve?

Nothing, those were legit.

It's all the other stuff, like diving at Farve's surgically repaired ankle on practically every play in that '09 playoff game, long after the ball was out.

You know what makes the Saints really stupid? They talked about it and the coaches participated. Just go do it, it doesn't need to be discussed - of course you want to try to get in the QB's head and get him out of the game if you can (within certain limits) but the Saints just couldn't keep their mouth shut about it with Sharper and Gregg Williams making comments leading into that game like "x marks the spot" and "we're going to send a message" or a guy running to the sideline after a dirty hit on Farve yelling "where's my money". Just shut up and go do it, the outcome will be exactly the same and the coaches/players can deny any involvement or premeditated intent.

Instead, you have stupid ass Gregg Williams talking about it, and handing out envelopes with cash in a team meeting and you have stupid ass Sean Payton getting emails from his agent (with whom he was previously ordered to cut ties) talking about how he threw money in the pot.

Someone said it's the angle of their hit. Hitting them isn't illegal, it's the money influencing hitting them low or high. The primary goal of hits like those is not to tackle the QB or even rattle them. The goal behind those hits are to have the target 'carried off the field'. In fact wasn't it even more money if the target was carried/carted off vs. just injured or taken out of the game? Wonder how much the Saints pay to kill a player.

It's very dangerous for all players to have an organization backing incentives to support this 'tactic' to the extent the Saints did.

You know what makes the Saints really stupid? They talked about it and the coaches participated. . . .

Thats some funny poo to me. They will forever be remember this way, too stupid to get away with the heist by falling asleep in the getaway car. I mean they had giant a billboard on their getaway car that said "CHECK MY TRUNK FOR STOLEN poo, Im going to go bang my sister"

Well I dont know if it would have both of those statements, but hey, incest is always implied when your talking about Aint's fans.

I've got to give it to breezing2anotherSB. He's the only Saints fan to have the balls to show up here anymore!

You have to give it to a delusional lunatic? who has no rational to prevent him from making a giant ass of him self over and over like he is now?

Ya, haha, give it to him. :claps:

Thats some funny poo to me. They will forever be remember this way, too stupid to get away with the heist by falling asleep in the getaway car. I mean they had giant a billboard on their getaway car that said "CHECK MY TRUNK FOR STOLEN poo, Im going to go bang my sister"

Well I dont know if it would have both of those statements, but hey, incest is always implied when your talking about Aint's fans.

LOL, there have been bounties like this in the NFL for a long time... but most teams were smart enough 1) not to talk about it and 2) not to directly involve the coaching staff.

So it's not that the Saints are bad, they're just really stupid.

You mean a Super Bowl?

You think your defense was why you did well in 2009?

But to answer your question, no... I'm talking about what will be happening to you soon enough.

Enjoy the current Peyton Manning distraction from your dysfunctional organization... the Commissioner will be seeing you soon enough. :smash:

LOL, there have been bounties like this in the NFL for a long time... but most teams were smart enough 1) not to talk about it and 2) not to directly involve the coaching staff.

So it's not that the Saints are bad, they're just really stupid.

Catman, I see your point, but there are differences here, which means they were bad and stupid:

No other teams who did this:

Were caught by the leaugue and warned

The owner tells the GM to stop the practice

It continued, this time with the knowledge of the GM and head coach

And then when the Commish reveals the results of the 3-year investigation, the owner "stands behind his coach and GM 110%"

THAT has never happened before.

Archived