• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

Mike Golic defending the saints, first vid on this page.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/

I saw him on NFL Live.. from that episode, he's standing up for the game he knows and loves while tired of seeing legal hits receive flags and fines more so than he was standing up for the Saints*. He also said in the same breath he is against illegal hits, and IIRC, any bounties that result in head hunting to cause major injuries..

I support the message 100% if it involves calling out ridiculous penalties against hits that are completely legit...

goodell should force us to give them jimmy clausen in exchange for their 2nd rounder and then force the saints to start him all year

Bahahaha. Although, you never know. You take the former Golden Domer and put him back in a Golden Dome, he may have similar success like he did back at ND.

Hahaha ok ok. I can't even type that with a straight face. :D

What should happen is they take Jimmy and we get Brees and pay him what we pay Jimmy now. The best part is Brees has to back up Cam for the remainder of his career.

Tidbits from today's NFL Live...

Sideline microphone caught an unknown Saint defender saying "all right, pay me my money" right after the hit that hurt Brett Favre in the 2009 NFC Championship.

Goodell said by one NFL exec to have "steam coming out of his ears". Current expectations are that he will "bring the hammer down" on the Saints.

Three NFL owners also said to be absolutely livid about what the Saints have done.

Saints execs telling everyone to stay quiet in the hopes that this blows over. Per Adam Schefter, there is pretty much zero chance of that.

Gregg Williams willingness to be cooperative actually making the rest of the Saints braintrust look bad because they're being silent and unapologetic.

Saints execs telling everyone to stay quiet in the hopes that this blows over. Per Adam Schefter, there is pretty much zero chance of that.

Gregg Williams willingness to be cooperative actually making the rest of the Saints braintrust look bad because they're being silent and unapologetic.

I was curious how that would go over with Saints FO.. Williams is going to try to survive and keep a job.

I was curious how that would go over with Saints FO.. Williams is going to try to survive and keep a job.

Doubt Fisher would fire him, but I wouldn't be surprised if the league bans him.

All reports are that long suspensions are expected. And if Goodell is as pissed as they say, I don't doubt it.

So we need to make up a list of who all they're losing. Thus far this is what I have

-Drew Brees (possibly)

-Marques Colston (Likely)

-Lots of draft picks (Likely)

-Half of their defense due to suspension (likely)

-Some OL guy

If all of that happens they'll be by far the worst team in the NFL. It'll be them and the Colts fighting it out for the #1 pick in 2013.

How will the (probable) Loomis suspension work? Do they sign a temp GM? If they're losing 22-27 defensive players they are going to need a GM and lots of cap space to replace all of those bodies...

I think Williams has been told in no uncertain terms, that if he ever wants to coach in the NFL again, he needs to come clean.

In the meantime, via Peter King's twitter:

Source close to Goodell said commish reaction to initial bounty report: “God forbid this is true. This will be earth-shattering.”

Still don't think the Saints are screwed?

Saints are about to be on the wrong end of the biggest sanctions in the history of the NFL. I think we all may be underestimating the punishment that's coming...

How will the (probable) Loomis suspension work? Do they sign a temp GM? If they're losing 22-27 defensive players they are going to need a GM and lots of cap space to replace all of those bodies...

I don't think you will get cap relief for suspended players....they would count against your cap if they are on your roster.

Archived