• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

The thing is, Jenkins and TD understand that giving props to players for hard hits in the form of a non-monetary reward, or even having team captains treat players who make great players to a dinner or w/e, is NOT the same as saying "$10k to the player who knocks Favre out of the game!"

The reality is that all around the league, players get applauded and get perks for great plays... but that's different from creating a system which coaches contribute to that directly compensates players in a very clear way for certain major plays. Totally different kind of incentive system, and a very very dangerous one.

What did TD say?

basically said that having recovered from injuries himself he would never take part in a bounty program, and while hard hits were celebrated he thinks an actual pay-for-bounty thing is bad, or what not.

Here are his tweets:

3 Mar Thomas Davis ‏ @TD58SDTM Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

I don't agree with intentionally trying to injure another player, especially after sitting out due to injury. You have to work way to hard

to make it in this league to have some idiot trying to make $100 end your career. I had an unfortunate incident my rookie year that ended

up causing another player who was also a rookie his career and that's not a good feeling but I'm ok with that bc that's the nature of the

Thomas Davis ‏ @TD58SDTM Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

game and I wasn't trying to do it. Don't get me wrong I do hit people for it to hurt, but never to injure. #IJS

Listening to mike and mike. The saints defensive players are digusting. They're now upset that someone snitched on them. Theyre mad because they think a former player snitched on them and want to know why that player didn't say anything while he was still on the team. Really? So you wanted that player to risk his job security as well as physical harm because you're upset that you're caught?

POS though he may be, at least Williams admitted what they did was wrong.

Guys grousing about getting told on rather than expressing regret over what they did...yeah, that tells me a lot about their character (i.e. It doesn't exist).

Sam Mills would have been ashamed of this bunch.

i cleaned it up a bit

basically said that having recovered from injuries himself he would never take part in a bounty program, and while hard hits were celebrated he thinks an actual pay-for-bounty thing is bad, or what not.

Here are his tweets:

Thomas Davis ‏ @TD58SDTM

I don't agree with intentionally trying to injure another player, especially after sitting out due to injury. You have to work way to hard to make it in this league to have some idiot trying to make $100 end your career. I had an unfortunate incident my rookie year that ended up causing another player who was also a rookie his career and that's not a good feeling but I'm ok with that bc that's the nature of the game and I wasn't trying to do it. Don't get me wrong I do hit people for it to hurt, but never to injure. #IJS

Guys grousing about getting told on rather than expressing regret over what they did...yeah, that tells me a lot about their character (i.e. It doesn't exist).

thing to remember is that williams only admitted it after he was caught. never would have happened otherwise.

saints players denying it are just making themselves to be even lower class than williams.

Players have the luxury of working with aggression and so it is expected and somewhat accepted. . to a degree. A coach is expected to behave like a normal functioning person in our society.

Williams did what was politically necessary in order for him to have a shot at keeping his job. He's not sorry and if he gets a chance, he will do it again. That is his MO, in his heart he believes its right because someone wronged him or his team the same at one point. That concept is ingrained in his head it would seem, considering he's done it every where he's coached.

Im glad he got wronged personally, Im glad he was scarred by it. . and Im veeery glad he's about to be fiiiiiiiiiiiireeeeeed. I hope that the firing process is also painful and that he suffers many stressful nights from this. . . . which he will.

and hey Mr Scot. . closing in on 750 in the thread, I was close no?

Players have the luxury of working with aggression and so it is expected and somewhat accepted. . to a degree. A coach is expected to behave like a normal functioning person in our society.

Williams did what was politically necessary in order for him to have a shot at keeping his job. He's not sorry and if he gets a chance, he will do it again. That is his MO, in his heart he believes its right because someone wronged him or his team the same at one point. That concept is ingrained in his head it would seem, considering he's done it every where he's coached.

Im glad he got wronged personally, Im glad he was scarred by it. . and Im veeery glad he's about to be fiiiiiiiiiiiireeeeeed. I hope that the firing process is also painful and that he suffers many stressful nights from this. . . . which he will.

and hey Mr Scot. . closing in on 750 in the thread, I was close no?

Not bad :lol:

I have no illusions about Williams. I've said he was a worthless pile of rat dung for years.

At least he's not making himself look even worse than he already does though. That tells me he has a functioning brain. These other guys, not so much.

Like I said, Sam Mills would have been ashamed to have losers like this even wearing the same uniform.

Archived