• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

The NFL has always known this practice existed, but they could never gather enough evidence to actually punish someone for it... until now.

With his focus on player safety, I'd guess this is something commissioner Goodell has been wanting to address for a long time, and the Saints just gave him the opportunity.

18,000 pages worth of documents involved in this investigation guys... 18,000 pages.

If the NFL wanted to end this quietly, they could have just made a phone call to the Saints and told them to shut it down immediately, but instead they built their case and went public with it. Why would they go public with it you ask? Because they're going to take the opportunity to end this practice once and for all by making an example out of the Saints.

Believe me when I tell you that they're going to crucify the Saints for this, so that no other team would even dare consider running (or continuing to run) a bounty program.

Keep in mind that some of Goodell's focus on player safety is driven by pressure the NFL is getting from Congress, so Goodell not only has to satisfy his own concerns about this practice, but he also has to demonstrate to Congress that the NFL is truly serious about player safety by severely punishing the Saints for this.

In other words... the Saints are F*CKED.

The NFL has always known this practice existed, but they could never gather enough evidence to really punish someone for it... until now.

Edit: I just saw your last post... Yea they did, but they didn't have loads of players and teams coming out and admitting it.

The Ravens are know known to have ran a bounty program last season...

Do you think the league should also Punish the Ravens after Suggs comments?

I mean seriously, think about it. You're talking about paying someone to INTENTIONALLY injure someone else. They put people in JAIL for that-chris kluwe

Bonuses given to Saints players if they injured opponents and knocked them out of the game. Any coach associated with this should be fired.-boomer

here are my .02 cents on the entire subject.

I thought the same thing about the Pats cheating scandal as I do the Saints bounty scandal, that most teams probably do it, and they just happened to get caught. I don't think this scandal really effected their Super Bowl run, as they didn't really hurt any big name player to get further.

However, I think that this is far worse than what the Patriots did. The Patriots cheated, yes, but by doing this they were not physically hurting the players. What the Saints did could have effected someone for their ENTIRE LIFE.

In terms of punishment, I don't think the Saints should get their franchise tag taken away. Multiple draft picks, suspensions, and fines, yes. But I don't think the NFL wants to be the type of league that will interfere with player signings.

For those who thinks Drew Brees is leaving, I really hope your right, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I mean seriously, think about it. You're talking about paying someone to INTENTIONALLY injure someone else. They put people in JAIL for that-chris kluwe

Bonuses given to Saints players if they injured opponents and knocked them out of the game. Any coach associated with this should be fired.-boomer

Then do you think the Ravens should be punished as well? Suggs pretty much admits that the team had a bounty to take out Ward and Mendenhall in each game they played.

I agree that the Saints will get punished, but I don't think there's any way to do it without punishing at least the Ravens as well.

Also: Maybe the NFL has information on more then just the Saints and they will be handing out more of these in the next few weeks.

Then do you think the Ravens should be punished as well? Suggs pretty much admits that the team had a bounty to take out Ward and Mendenhall in each game they played.

I agree that the Saints will get punished, but I don't think there's any way to do it without punishing at least the Ravens as well.

Also: Maybe the NFL has information on more then just the Saints and they will be handing out more of these in the next few weeks.

No the ravens shouldn't be punished. anyone can say it happened sure but the nfl was doing an investigation on the saints and have the evidence that it happened. You better believe they will be looking into the ravens "bounty" scheme next season

No the ravens shouldn't be punished. anyone can say it happened sure but the nfl was doing an investigation on the saints and have the evidence that it happened. You better believe they will be looking into the ravens "bounty" scheme next season

Maybe your right, but it seems the players want to keep the bounty systems alive.

Does anyone still want Marcellus Wiley? lol

@marcelluswiley

Bounty's in the NFL are a problem now? Only issue is that it became public & now the fans know. I don't think Goodell should discipline. U?

Also the players are coming out of the woodworks to support NFL teams having bounty programs. lmao...

Two things:

1. There are bounties and then there are bounties funded and sanctioned by the organization where a specific dollar amount is awarded for getting a player carted off the field.

2. Suggs said the Ravens have a bounty program, but the Ravens will probably deny it (nice of him to throw his franchise under the bus) so in lieu of any hard evidence they may be able to gather, there's not much they can do about it besides issuing a stern warning to all 32 teams about the potential punishment that could result from bounties. You give that warning teeth, if you take the opportunity to demonstrate how serious you are by making an example out of the Saints, who have been caught red-handed.

Archived