• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

Regardless what the NFL does some Law Enforcement should get involved. Paying to hurt people is illegal in general. I would go to prison for a very long time if i paid someone 8,000.00 to go hurt someone else.

At least they're living up to their name. Taints

IRS is already investigating as the under the table cash bounties were obviously not reported as income and thus represents tax evasion, a felony that can land you several years in prison.

the schadenfreude is pretty thick with this story. however, so long as something crazy doesn't happen and the saints lose the franchise tag/brees, i don't see this having a huge effect on the team in the long run. next season, however? i really do think it's going to have a huge effect.

not surprised to learn of this bounty system. deangelo talked at length in his ustream about how the saints were easily the dirtiest team he'd faced, going after knees on the sideline, trying to take players out. this is a clear corroboration of his statements. i for one hope a statement is made with the penalty for this that scares any other teams that might have similar setups (let's not be naïve here) from continuing that process.

and let's not be too quick to jump on the high horse either, panthers fans. how many of you remember during the fox years about the "black glove" award for big hits, big plays by the defense. sure, we can convince ourselves that that award had a squeaky clean intention, but it's hard to say for sure what meaning it had behind closed doors. all that matters to me is that this crap stops, less players are injured intentionally, and people/teams that are caught doing it are punished appropriately. oh, and that 89 has a microphone near him when he scores a TD(s) in the superdome next season.

The game is supposed to be tough and after being a fan since the 60s, I have seen my share of dirty football much of which was condoned. But what makes this different is not that they had a bounty for big hits or plays, it was encouraging players to intentionally hurt players even after the play was over in order to take them out of the game. I could be wrong but I remember an interview where he all but admitted that he would be fine with a personal foul flag for a late hit if it took the opposing Qb out of the game. What would he get pissed about? Getting a personal penalty flag if it didn't end up knocking out the opposing QB. The penalty hurt the team and he didn't like that unless the end result was more advantageous which was take out the opposing QB. It is one thing to take a guy out with a legal shot in the course of a game. It is quite another to cheap shot him after the whistle when he isn't even expecting a hit.

You have no idea how pissed off I was when they beat the Vikings, and did so in such a filthy fashion.

To think those sh*tbags get to celebrate a Superbowl win that shouldn't have ever happened. On top of the dirty shots, there were so many questionable calls in that NFCC game.

It is painfully obvious from the top all the way to the last man on the Aint's roster they're dirty. Benson had them out of town on their way to San Antonio before Nature changed all that.

Garbage ownership, garbage organization, we dont need poo like this in the NFL.

a_benson_i.jpg

The game is supposed to be tough and after being a fan since the 60s, I have seen my share of dirty football much of which was condoned. But what makes this different is not that they had a bounty for big hits or plays, it was encouraging players to intentionally hurt players even after the play was over in order to take them out of the game. I could be wrong but I remember an interview where he all but admitted that he would be fine with a personal foul flag for a late hit if it took the opposing Qb out of the game. What would he get pissed about? Getting a personal penalty flag if it didn't end up knocking out the opposing QB. The penalty hurt the team and he didn't like that unless the end result was more advantageous which was take out the opposing QB. It is one thing to take a guy out with a legal shot in the course of a game. It is quite another to cheap shot him after the whistle when he isn't even expecting a hit.

it's always been a controversial element in football, IMO. how often is "dirty" football just "winning" football, and how many times is it a criminal conspiracy to achieve unfair and unethical advantage against your competitors, avoid taxes, and inflict felonious bodily damage? it's very easy for a team that's been beaten to believe the other team has cheated the rules. "steelers receivers always get away with holding/blocking in the back," "falcons o-line are fuging chopblocking bastards," etc. it's another to be reckless/stupid enough to somehow leave a trail that can lead to criminal charges, lawsuits, the MF IRS coming after you.

it's always been a controversial element in football, IMO. how often is "dirty" football just "winning" football, and how many times is it a criminal conspiracy to achieve unfair and unethical advantage against your competitors, avoid taxes, and inflict felonious bodily damage? it's very easy for a team that's been beaten to believe the other team has cheated the rules. "steelers receivers always get away with holding/blocking in the back," "falcons o-line are fuging chopblocking bastards," etc. it's another to be reckless/stupid enough to somehow leave a trail that can lead to criminal charges, lawsuits, the MF IRS coming after you.

They were either stupid or so arrogant they thought they weren't going to get caught after getting away it for 3 years. I think lots of folks believed it was going on but had no proof. If they had stopped it before the 2011 season it might have gone away, but they just kept at it until they were caught. That is why most criminals go to jail. Instead of stopping while they are ahead, they keep doing it until they get caught.

They were either stupid or so arrogant they thought they weren't going to get caught after getting away it for 3 years. I think lots of folks believed it was going on but had no proof. If they had stopped it before the 2011 season it might have gone away, but they just kept at it until they were caught. Thatis why most criminals go to jail. Instead of stopping why they are ahead, they keep doing it until they get caught.

unfortunately it looks like something like 25 people might screw up the Saints 2012 season for all those nice folks in NO. and maybe i'll be wrong and this will obliterate the franchise long term. can't wait to see the penalties levied.

Saint fans, I just can't stop fugging laughing. "Who dat" is a fugging joke. Thanks for a great Friday. And please tell me more about Brees loving NO and about how he would play for free for such a great franchise. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha f*ck you guys. Suck it Taints.

Those folks from the Saints Report crack me up

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/idea-class-action-saints-fans-vs-nfl-224273/

Not to mention NFL to be investigated for fixing games. The same type of hits to our QB that were not called, and their collusion in getting the Anti Trust laws of the United States changed so that they could build their Juggernaut sports conglomerate.

I'm in.

Archived