• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints in BIG trouble...

CatMan72

"We just got sent back to square 1, pre 2006. Brees is gone, Nicks is gone, Colston is gone. We're going to lose numerous picks. This is going to KILL our franchise. I feel sick."

"Heartbreak is the only way to describe how I feel as a Saints fan. I'm disgusted right now. Time to rebuild."

I say let the players play. Hell yea. It will be interesting to see their fate on the field.

I disagree. For the long term security of the NFL, safety must always be improving. Allowing for players to knowingly and intentionally injure other players would open the NFL to law suits that would completely destroy the league.

There is another way to look at this as well. Not that it is as big as the act itself, but I am 95% sure that paying players for on field contributions, outside of the things outlined in the contract, is some sort of a salary cap violation. Otherwise we could sign anyone to a minimum contract, and then pay them whatever they wanted under the table.

There is another way to look at this as well. Not that it is as big as the act itself, but I am 95% sure that paying players for on field contributions, outside of the things outlined in the contract, is some sort of a salary cap violation. Otherwise we could sign anyone to a minimum contract, and then pay them whatever they wanted under the table.

Yes, the commish has already stated that this is a major infraction of the old and new CBA agreements. This hole they dug is deep.

Archived