• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A new manufacturer in Cup?

Hugor Hill

Jayski

Petty has been approached by several manufacturers recently. What's interesting is that while there are the usual suspects there is one new manufacturer that is trying to break into the sport.

I wonder who that could be, Honda maybe? Also, now with Penske switching over to the Ford banner next year, that leaves Dodge with the lone team of Robby Gordon Motorsports. God help them if that's all they got.

Dodge has approached Petty about coming back ino the brand.

I seriously doubt that it's Honda. NASCRAP like to have a brand that can compete in all the series. Honda doesn't have a truck.

Nissan has the truck, but I don't think it has any interest in oval track racing.

Allegedly, NASCAR had been in preliminary discussions with Volkswagen about a year and a half ago, but V-Dub wasn't satisfied with the brand identity and didn't like the idea of building an engine package in accordance with NASCAR rules. With the 2013 redesign, I wouldn't be surprised if it were them, personally.

As for the truck, they have the Amarok but admittedly I don't think it's being sold in the US.

Archived