• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Devon Still highlights

CardiacCats

His injuries are pretty terrifying, and I know that he played well as a senior, but he still only played two years of college ball. I don't see why he's the safe pick at all. He wasn't a better player than Brockers last year, and probably won't ever be again.

take a look at their stats.

Still was far and away the more productive player this last season.

I do believe that Brockers has more upside. But Still is significantly more polished and probably more ready to immediatley step in that Brockers is.

Between the two, I woudl lean Brockers. But thinking that he out performed Still this season is ridiculous.

I like Still better then Brockers Just to be honest. I feel that Still could come in and have a direct impact were it may take Brockers sometime to devloped a little bit. I can't lie I am scared of LSU prospects espcially at the DT position. The only person pops in my head is Glen Dorsey and how such and impact player he was suppose to be. I hope Brockers be a good player but I just don't know. If I could make the pick I may go with Devon Still.

I like Still, and wouldn't be upset with the pick if we had traded back. To be honest, I think Brockers is the safer pick though. His game translates better to the NFL in my opinion, and Still has those injury problems (which is the biggest thing making Brockers a safer pick).

Hell, if somehow Claiborne or Blackmon dropped to us at #9 and Still was still available in the mid to late 20s or later I wouldn't hate the idea of trying to trade up from #40 to get him (assuming Brockers is gone and obviously trying to avoid using next year's 1st...maybe it could be done with this and next year's 2nds and 4ths or something to that effect)

EVERY player is going to suffer an injury at some point in their career. Maybe Still has injury concerns because he played 4 years in college, Brockers played 2. Still was better last season and is already a more polished player, he's ready to step in right now. Meanwhile who knows if Brockers will ever fully develop?

Archived