• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yeah another Peppers thread, BUT.......

Silent Tyrant

Just to throw it out there, and I didn't want to start a new thread (God knows we need another one on Peppers right?). But Kansas City is said to be DESPERATELY trying to get out of the 3 spot because they believe no one they pick there is worth it. They have had active interest in Peppers, Schefter has said he believes that Kansas City wants to make a HUGE push for him come draft day, and he wants a monster contract, and has a track record to show he is worth most of that. I think this is our trade partner folks. (Now if we can just trade down with some sucker for extra picks I would really be a happy man, haha). Just speculation of course, it just makes too much sense to me.

That makes sense. Cassel is a much better quarterback than Jake with a better winning record and playoff record.

Kansas City wil be a big contender this year.

Oh wait.... wrong on all issues.

Just to throw it out there, and I didn't want to start a new thread (God knows we need another one on Peppers right?). But Kansas City is said to be DESPERATELY trying to get out of the 3 spot because they believe no one they pick there is worth it. They have had active interest in Peppers, Schefter has said he believes that Kansas City wants to make a HUGE push for him come draft day, and he wants a monster contract, and has a track record to show he is worth most of that. I think this is our trade partner folks. (Now if we can just trade down with some sucker for extra picks I would really be a happy man, haha). Just speculation of course, it just makes too much sense to me.

This would be amazing if it happened. This would be a true salvage and it would get us more than what peppers is worth. What are the ins and outs of Julius as a Chief in your opinion?

That makes sense. Cassel is a much better quarterback than Jake with a better winning record and playoff record.

Kansas City wil be a big contender this year.

Oh wait.... wrong on all issues.

what the hell are you talking about? This has nothing to do with a quarterback or being a contender. Kansas City has new personnel, and is looking to revamp the defense with consistant interest in Peppers. I think this is a viable possibility. Make me look dumb after the draft if Im wrong, until then take it all with a grain of salt.

as much as i would love for this to happen, i thnk it would be hard to trade back down if we got the number 3 pick. from what ive heard alot of teams with top 5 picks have said there interested in trading down but there hasnt been any takers mainly because of the money these picks demand. but if this did happen i wonder who we would take? BJ Raji?

as much as i would love for this to happen, i thnk it would be hard to trade back down if we got the number 3 pick. from what ive heard alot of teams with top 5 picks have said there interested in trading down but there hasnt been any takers mainly because of the money these picks demand. but if this did happen i wonder who we would take? BJ Raji?

I would take either Raji or Crabtree.

Unless Denver wants to jump ahead of Seattle and draft Sanchez....by trading us a 1st and a 2nd

I LOVE DRAFT!!!

Before we start saving our allowance for Raji jerseys can anybody make a good case for Julius as a Chief?

thats the one big problem with this trade. i dont think hed play there. i thnk there a 3-4. im not sure though. they seem to have the money to pay him what he wants. with matt cassel and a healthy larry johnson they might have a pretty good offense. but i doubt this was one of his 4 teams

Before we start saving our allowance for Raji jerseys can anybody make a good case for Julius as a Chief?

Installing a hybrid 3-4 defense, like the Chiefs are doing, will allow Julius to be moved around consistantly and he will be put in many situations to produce big numbers in tackles/sacks. Adding Mike Vrabel to the defense will allow a veteran presence from a 3-4 scheme, and he's no slouch himself. He could be seen as a missing piece of the puzzle to set this defense up to be very good. They are young with guys like Tamba Hali, Glenn Dorsey, Brandon Flowers, and Derrick Johnson in the lineup on that side of the ball. Under new management branching from Belichick, this team could be seen on the up and up in the next couple of seasons. Possibly even this seasons Atlanta Falcons.

Installing a hybrid 3-4 defense, like the Chiefs are doing, will allow Julius to be moved around consistantly and he will be put in many situations to produce big numbers in tackles/sacks. Adding Mike Vrabel to the defense will allow a veteran presence from a 3-4 scheme, and he's no slouch himself. He could be seen as a missing piece of the puzzle to set this defense up to be very good. They are young with guys like Tamba Hali, Glenn Dorsey, Brandon Flowers, and Derrick Johnson in the lineup on that side of the ball. Under new management branching from Belichick, this team could be seen on the up and up in the next couple of seasons. Possibly even this seasons Atlanta Falcons.

:)

That sounds promising to me. Thanks for the breakdown. That info. you provided is enough to give this thing legs. Legs enough for hope at least.

what the hell are you talking about? This has nothing to do with a quarterback or being a contender. Kansas City has new personnel, and is looking to revamp the defense with consistant interest in Peppers. I think this is a viable possibility. Make me look dumb after the draft if Im wrong, until then take it all with a grain of salt.

I was throwing it out there because there have been 2 threads which said that Peppers wanted out of Carolina due to Jake not being a wining quarterback or the Panthers not being Superbowl caliber. I was comparing us to the teams that showed interest or Pep mentioned to demonstrate that that Pepper's rumor was crap since he may very well go to a team with a worse situation than the Panthers for less money.

For what it worth, I would love him to go to KC and pick up their first rounder.

Archived