• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yeah another Peppers thread, BUT.......

Silent Tyrant

If your perception of your QB is negative, your perception of the FO to make a change is not hopeful and you happen to be the highest paid defensive player on the team you might have an issue about your contract that does not necessarily involve money. Especially if you are nearing 30.

Not to say that this is the case but it is a plausible theory and lifetime stats do not make a dent in this if you happen to be this player.

It's all about confidence and if you don't have any, no stat in the world is gonna change that.

agreed. the panthers were the 7th highest scoring offense and had the 27th highest number of plays and were 21st on time of possession per game. drives weren't sustained long because they didn't have to be.

the previous year you might have been able to make a complaint. this year...not so much. the reason they were on the field as much as they were, especially in the 2nd half, was because they couldn't get themselves off the field. even though they were 21st in points allowed, they were 7th in scrimmage plays and 12th on time of possession for opponents.

You guys are right. It's not about the offense at all. It's about the confidence level you have in the one guy that can singlehandedly dunk a game in the toilet and your perception of how frequently or infrequently that one guy is capable of doing it.

more times than not perception is reality. Stats don't matter. That is why there are things like PR consultants, spin control personnel, and attorneys.

If you were a defensive player who spent 3/4 of a game on the field because your QB cound't sustain a drive are you telling me that you wouldn't bitch.

Keep in mind, if this is the real reason then it is pretty admirable that he hasn't come out and said anything about it publicly, just that his time is done and he wants out.

If Peppers spent too much time on the field, it was because the offense was scoring too fast most of the time, even while running more than throwing. They had one of the highest scoring offenses in the league last year.

If Peppers spent too much time on the field, it was because the offense was scoring too fast most of the time, even while running more than throwing. They had one of the highest scoring offenses in the league last year.

Yes, but who says that Peppers is staking his entire decision on last year, for all we know he's been fed up for a while and just playing out his contract

Heard you call the radio last week saying the same thing. They ripped you when you said it on the radio what did you expect to happen when you posted it?

Is that where this stems from? Sheesh :rolleyes:

I think I need to stay out of here until after the draft. Lack of real news is amping up the goofball speculation to record levels. This one takes the cake (along with the "Jake takes plays off" silliness).

Is that where this stems from? Sheesh :rolleyes:

I think I need to stay out of here until after the draft. Lack of real news is amping up the goofball speculation to record levels. This one takes the cake (along with the "Jake takes plays off" silliness).

i dont think its safe after dark either. at least until after the draft. then hopefully the nonsense will stop

i dont think its safe after dark either. at least until after the draft. then hopefully the nonsense will stop

This thread was started Today, 08:57 AM. Nighttime is the better time to be on, drunk and high is much better than clear thinking people just trying to stir poo up.

You guys are right. It's not about the offense at all. It's about the confidence level you have in the one guy that can singlehandedly dunk a game in the toilet and your perception of how frequently or infrequently that one guy is capable of doing it.

more times than not perception is reality. Stats don't matter. That is why there are things like PR consultants, spin control personnel, and attorneys.

So now it is Jake's fault that Peppers want to leave.

Hpw many conversations have you had with Peppers? Has he ever said this in an interview? Where do you get this crap?

You are obsessed with Jake. You sound like a stalker.

Archived