• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yeah another Peppers thread, BUT.......

Silent Tyrant

If I were John Fox, I'd be calling my buddy Mangini and seeing if we can make a fair trade for one of his QBs. Mangini obviously doesn't want both of them, and Fox and him have a decent relationship. We traded Jenkins to him when he was with the jets. And we traded down with him the year we grabbed Jon Beason. Good trade history. If we can snag one of the QBs we could really have some decent QB position battling going on. It would at the very least light a fire under Jake, make the fans happier we are addressing the need, and give us good competition.

I wasent aware Peppers was our Coach and Offensive coordinator now? When does a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN have ANY say on who the QB of a team is..This has to be a joke. Defense should worry about DEFENSE, and Offense worries about offense. If Smitty was complaining about Jake than there would be a problem. But Peppers complaining about Jake just makes him more of a bitch in my eyes. Now its getting a bit rediciculous and Peppers is coming up with everything and anything to try to make himself look like its not his fault he wants out. GET THE F*CK OUT PEPPERS!

Smith is lobbying for players to come here at the Pro Bowl, trying to make our team better, and proudly talking about our team. Meanwhile big @sshole has just been talking poo the whole offseason about everythiing from our scheme, to now our QB?!?!

I wasent aware Peppers was our Coach and Offensive coordinator now? When does a DEFENSIVE LINEMAN have ANY say on who the QB of a team is..This has to be a joke. Defense should worry about DEFENSE, and Offense worries about offense. If Smitty was complaining about Jake than there would be a problem. But Peppers complaining about Jake just makes him more of a bitch in my eyes. Now its getting a bit rediciculous and Peppers is coming up with everything and anything to try to make himself look like its not his fault he wants out. GET THE F*CK OUT PEPPERS!

Smith is lobbying for players to come here at the Pro Bowl, trying to make our team better, and proudly talking about our team. Meanwhile big @sshole has just been talking poo the whole offseason about everythiing from our scheme, to now our QB?!?!

If you were a defensive player who spent 3/4 of a game on the field because your QB cound't sustain a drive are you telling me that you wouldn't bitch.

Keep in mind, if this is the real reason then it is pretty admirable that he hasn't come out and said anything about it publicly, just that his time is done and he wants out.

We should trade for McNabb.

Or

Brees Rivers Rodgers Romo Palmer Schaub Hasselbeck Orton Edwards Pennington Garrard Hill Campbell Russell Quinn Bulger Rosenfels Culpepper Clemens McCown Anderson Leftwich Jackson Young Thigpen Leinart Kitna Garcia. WoW a lot of QBs in the NFL have proved they are winners...

Or

Brees Rivers Rodgers Romo Palmer Schaub Hasselbeck Orton Edwards Pennington Garrard Hill Campbell Russell Quinn Bulger Rosenfels Culpepper Clemens McCown Anderson Leftwich Jackson Young Thigpen Leinart Kitna Garcia. WoW a lot of QBs in the NFL have proved they are winners...

Yes. Let's start a thread about each one and the corresponding trade scenario!

If I were John Fox, I'd be calling my buddy Mangini and seeing if we can make a fair trade for one of his QBs. Mangini obviously doesn't want both of them, and Fox and him have a decent relationship. We traded Jenkins to him when he was with the jets. And we traded down with him the year we grabbed Jon Beason. Good trade history. If we can snag one of the QBs we could really have some decent QB position battling going on. It would at the very least light a fire under Jake, make the fans happier we are addressing the need, and give us good competition.

I like this post.

If you were a defensive player who spent 3/4 of a game on the field because your QB cound't sustain a drive are you telling me that you wouldn't bitch.

Keep in mind, if this is the real reason then it is pretty admirable that he hasn't come out and said anything about it publicly, just that his time is done and he wants out.

Jake deserves his share of criticism but it really doesnt matter if this is the issue and I certainly wouldn't describe any actions he or his agent have done thus far as being admirable. In fact, they've been pretty friggin stupid IMO. If the end game is to get out of town and not hamstring himself or the team, then they really screwed the pooch on that one. They played their bluff up front with the 4 team crap and the FO called them on it and I think that Carey guys been scratchin his ass ever sense as they really have no more cards to play.

The bright side is that we are only 5 days and 15 - 20 new Peppers threads away from the draft. At that point this will be resolved or we will at least have something new to talk about.

I have always liked Peppers but if what is said was true the man need to go look in the Damn Mirror. Mr. 2 1/2 sacks in 07. Jake could have said the same thing about Peppers. Maybe if he had tried hard enough in 07 we might have won a game or two more and actually made the playoffs.

Jake was the QB in 03 and 05 and it didn't seem to bother him. Sorry S.O.B.

In the last 10 years there have been 7 winning QBs in the NFL:

Brady 3

Roethlisberger 2

E Manning

P Manning

B Johnson

T Dilfer

K Warner

How many losers? Most QBs in the history of the NFL have been losers. Jake is ranked as 17th all time as one of the best. Maybe Peppers needs to question himself before questioning others.

The offense was most definitely not the problem this season. As often as not, if the drives were short, it was because someone broke off a long run.

The reason the defense was on the field so long was because they couldn't stop anybody on third down. You could blame the soft "bend don't break" scheme for a solid portion of that, but you have to give the players a share as well.

And honestly, the defensive problems have been around since 2005. Back then, people used to complain that the defense was tired, which made me laugh since they were getting worked from the first quarter on :rolleyes:

As to the topic, I think it's goofy. It's an unverifiable statement that some people will say "amen" to because it fits their viewpoint, but as real news, it's worthless. I could say I heard Julius wants to leave because he doesn't like Chris Gamble and it'd have just as much relevance.

The offense was most definitely not the problem this season. As often as not, if the drives were short, it was because someone broke off a long run.

The reason the defense was on the field so long was because they couldn't stop anybody on third down. You could blame the soft "bend don't break" scheme for a solid portion of that, but you have to give the players a share as well.

And honestly, the defensive problems have been around since 2005. Back then, people used to complain that the defense was tired, which made me laugh since they were getting worked from the first quarter on :rolleyes:

As to the topic, I think it's goofy. It's an unverifiable statement that some people will say "amen" to because it fits their viewpoint, but as real news, it's worthless. I could say I heard Julius wants to leave because he doesn't like Chris Gamble and it'd have just as much relevance.

agreed. the panthers were the 7th highest scoring offense and had the 27th highest number of plays and were 21st on time of possession per game. drives weren't sustained long because they didn't have to be.

the previous year you might have been able to make a complaint. this year...not so much. the reason they were on the field as much as they were, especially in the 2nd half, was because they couldn't get themselves off the field. even though they were 21st in points allowed, they were 7th in scrimmage plays and 12th on time of possession for opponents.

Archived