• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walter football mock has claiborne falling to us

CardiacCats

With as many cheap RB's on the FA market, he thinks TB will invest pick number 5 on a RB?

Do not understand that thinking. What makes this Richardson the greatest back in our lifetime to merit the #5 pick in a pass happy league? First back to go off the board last year was in the twenties.

Don't see it.

With as many cheap RB's on the FA market, he thinks TB will invest pick number 5 on a RB?

Do not understand that thinking. What makes this Richardson the greatest back in our lifetime to merit the #5 pick in a pass happy league? First back to go off the board last year was in the twenties.

Don't see it.

I agree, I highly doubt it happens but it's not entirely impossible. TB has NOTHING at RB, and T-Rich is way better than any RB in the 2011 draft. Also, there are a ton of other good cb options Tampa can look to in round 2. Alfonzo Denard, Stephon Gilmore, etc

:party:

I've thought this for some time. Fwiw, this poll from the Bucs board has them taking(most fans wanting) Richardson. http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/index.php?/topic/13555-with-the-5th-overall-pick-in-the-2012-nfl-draft/ Clearly the Bucs will not-not take Richardson just so that we don't get Claiborne, but if they even have half a brain they should see that we'd be standing from the dugout, ready to step into the on deck circle, and ready to knock this completely out of this world and send all of us into a state of absolute euphoria. I hope Walterfootball and this meaningless poll are right!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

It's kind of bittersweet this draft. If the Bucs take Claiborne, then we'll get some other stud but have to deal with a true shutdown corner for the next half-decade at least. If the Bucs take Richardson, then we have to deal with a duel-threat badass RB against our poo defense for the next half-decade at least. Win-win and lose-lose.

:party:

I've thought this for some time. Fwiw, this poll from the Bucs board has them taking(most fans wanting) Richardson. http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/index.php?/topic/13555-with-the-5th-overall-pick-in-the-2012-nfl-draft/ Clearly the Bucs will not-not take Richardson just so that we don't get Claiborne, but if they even have half a brain they should see that we'd be standing from the dugout, ready to step into the on deck circle, and ready to knock this completely out of this world and send all of us into a state of absolute euphoria. I hope Walterfootball and this meaningless poll are right!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

This could move him(richardson) back a bit, who knows

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/22/trent-richardson-had-knee-surgery-wont-do-combine-drills/

The Bucs literally hired LSU's Defensive Backs coach this evening..Ron Cooper..known as one of the better recruiters in the SEC and one of the best, if not the best, DB coach in America.

I guess churning out Peterson and now Claiborne back to back opens opportunities.

What sucks though is that it increases the Bucs chances of taking Claiborne..unfortunately.

Archived