• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Will Luck be better than Cam?

JawnyBlaze

I absolutely LOVE this rationalization.

As if Cam Newton was throwing to Biletnikoff Award winners at Auburn.

Who was Cam's best target at Auburn in 2010? Darvin Adams. Where was Adams drafted in the NFL draft?

Who was Cam's second favorite target at Auburn in 2010? Terrell Zachary. Can anyone find Zachary on an NFL roster now?

Andrew Luck was rarely, rarely pressured when he was throwing the ball at Stanford. And when he was, they lost games.

Lets just see how young Mr. Luck responds to NFL pressure. I'm of the opinion that it is going to be very amusing.

So you're basically saying Luck is only as good as his receivers. Why am I not surprised. We all know those "chosen QB" are usually only as good as those around them.

Could anyone on here seriously say Luck would have done as good or even better than Cam with the Panther's defense? You know them media folks woul be screaming for the Panthers to give Luck some defense if they expect him to succeed..

Guest Bwood15

Luck will be a very good QB, and one to remember from his era.

But I believe Newton will revolutionize the game and go down as one of the greatest to ever play the game.

So you're basically saying Luck is only as good as his receivers. Why am I not surprised. We all know those "chosen QB" are usually only as good as those around them.

Could anyone on here seriously say Luck would have done as good or even better than Cam with the Panther's defense? You know them media folks woul be screaming for the Panthers to give Luck some defense if they expect him to succeed..

I doubt Luck would've done better on last year's team. Of course if Luck had come out last year do you doubt he'd be our QB?

• 3 months later...

Didn't want to start a new thread.....

What type of stats do you think Luck will put this year?

What do you guys think will happen in the sports media world if Luck doesn't match Cam Newton or at least enter the ball park of Cam's rookie season statistical production?

Will they revisit their rhetoric of Luck being the best prospect since Peyton Manning/Elway?

....(should I make a new thread?)

It seems to me that CAM is the NFL's version of Lebron... It doesn't matter how many records he breaks, until he wins it all nothing will matter. I defdont agree with this sentiment, but it seems to be the case. They're both such freakish athletes it's a though they get graded on their own "scale" which is BS.

Patience my friends, the wins and Championships will come!

And for (probably not the last time) FUG Luck!

I have mixed feeling about Luck, I think he was in a system that could run the ball great, and he utilized his play action and west coast style offense pretty good. But at the pros its a whole different story. He will struggle this year, I can't see him winning more than 8 games. He has to play the NFC North and the AFC East. and then play the Texans and TENN twice. Also the Jags DEF is pretty decent, but lack offense so he might even lose one of those games.

IMHO

Luck losses, Packers, Lions, Bears, Texans twice, Tenn (split), Jags Split, New England, Jets, KC, and Bills.

He most likely will beat browns (who have a good DEF, but no offense), Tenn and Jags once, Dolphins, Vikes (they might be able to pull off a V, in Ponder's 2nd year, also depend on AP).

so all in all 4-12 to 6-10, its too early to tell since preseaon has not started, but for right now this is what I think.

Archived