• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Will Luck be better than Cam?

JawnyBlaze

So Cam is a running QB like Vick and Cunningham? LOL

Cam is much more comparable to Young and Elway then he is to Vick and Cunningham... the kid threw for 4,000 yards in his rookie season.

He's a thrower who can run, not a runner who can throw.

No. He is exactly like Randall Cunningham. To classify Cunningham as just a running QB is an insult. When he was healthy and starting full time, his passing and running numbers were insane.

No. He is exactly like Randall Cunningham. To classify Cunningham as just a running QB is an insult. When he was healthy and starting full time, his passing and running numbers were insane.

Yup, he threw for 3800 yards and ran for 442 in '88 - had a few more 3000+ yard throwing seasons so it's not really fair to label him as a running QB, good call.

Yeah I saw that earlier. That Israel guy was really pushing for Andrew Luck, but he wasn't really giving any good reasons to back it up other than "this guy is in a pro offense and is compared to peyton manning". Also talked down Luck's targets even though his receivers were pretty good if they were catching his balls.

I absolutely LOVE this rationalization.

As if Cam Newton was throwing to Biletnikoff Award winners at Auburn.

Who was Cam's best target at Auburn in 2010? Darvin Adams. Where was Adams drafted in the NFL draft?

Who was Cam's second favorite target at Auburn in 2010? Terrell Zachary. Can anyone find Zachary on an NFL roster now?

Andrew Luck was rarely, rarely pressured when he was throwing the ball at Stanford. And when he was, they lost games.

Lets just see how young Mr. Luck responds to NFL pressure. I'm of the opinion that it is going to be very amusing.

Yeah well all I can say is there's still a lot of things that could happen to Luck that arent even in his control. Shitty coaches, outside distractions, players that become distractions, the list goes on and on. Luck, as an NFL QB will be expected to manage his relationships with his offense as well. Will we find out who has the biggest mouth on the Colts next season when theyre rocking a 2-6 record in the first half of the season? They say Luck leads, Idk, thats kind of subjective isnt it?

Moving to a pro system requires so much more than being just familiar with an NFL offense. I like to see if Luck is the man they say he is and THEN will all those other chips fall in place for him like they did for Cam. . . Chud offense, Rivera - player coach that wants to let him explore, healthy relationship with the baddest mufugger in the game to throw to.

people are too hung up on this made up category of "dual threat" QB.

what a crockpot of shooshoo.

he's just a solid dynamic QB running a legit pro offense who can get the ball where it needs to be anywhere on the field, that can read defenses and control the action on the line who has the added benefit of being a giant and a great runner.

how much did this "dual threat" QB run his first 2-3 weeks in the league when he was throwing for over 400 yards a game?

meh...

Similar so called sports analysts thought Cam was going to fail, Todd Collins would surpass Jim Kelly in Buffalo and Rick Mirer was the next Joe Montana. When I hear that stuff like Andrew Luck is the next John Elway, I just shake my head and laugh. They need to have a crystal ball on that table or maybe a magic 8-ball is more appropriate.

Archived