• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Will Luck be better than Cam?

JawnyBlaze

Yeah I saw that earlier. That Israel guy was really pushing for Andrew Luck, but he wasn't really giving any good reasons to back it up other than "this guy is in a pro offense and is compared to peyton manning". Also talked down Luck's targets even though his receivers were pretty good if they were catching his balls. The guy wasn't really doing Luck any favors by just talking the talk. Looked pretty forced to make Luck look good. All the other guys brought up pretty good points and backed them up about Cam.

I'm not gonna talk down Luck and say he's not good, but the one thing that bothers me is that whenever he had to play Oregon on a big stage, he couldn't beat them. At worst he'll be a Matt Ryan. The guy who was projected to be the next Peyton Manning QB.

So Cam is a running QB like Vick and Cunningham? LOL

Cam is much more comparable to Young and Elway then he is to Vick and Cunningham... the kid threw for 4,000 yards in his rookie season.

He's a thrower who can run, not a runner who can throw.

Best line right here about Cam: "He's a thrower who can run, not a runner who can throw"

I am still tickled to death that the Panthers have Cam Newton. No matter how it turns out, I am completely satisfied with it.

lol how can anyone with a straight face say that the rookie QB that sets the NFL passing record should be pigeon holed as 'scrambling' QB

here I thought that setting the NFL rookie record would count for something? guess not

Cam Newton just might be the best runner to ever play the QB position, but it obviously doesn't mean he can't throw.

I get so tired from hearing that 'running' QB BS.

They need to define the criteria for 'running/scrambling' QB because all of the Super Champion QBs below count as 'running/scrambling' QBs in my book:

Steve Young (single season high water mark for rushing: 537 yards)

Aaron Rodgers 356 yds rushing

John Elway 304 yards

Ben Roethlisberger 204 yards

Brett Favre 216 yards

Roger Staubach 343 yards

Joe Montana 284

Of course there are several others 'running/scrambling' QBs that were good enough to win the SB but didn't just as there are several 'pocket' passers that were good enough to win HOF QBs that didn't win a SB (Marino, Jim Kelly etc)

This whole Cam vs Luck argument is disengenous because no one can point to anything other then 'pro-readiness' as a reason why Luck is a better prospect then Newton.

Yet some people still hang on to the notion that Cam wasn't pro-ready despite his success.

People get so married to their preconceived opinions that even despite obvious proof that those notions are wrong they refuse to change.

I think its called confirmation bias.

lol how can anyone with a straight face say that the rookie QB that sets the NFL passing record should be pigeon holed as 'scrambling' QB

here I thought that setting the NFL rookie record would count for something? guess not

Cam Newton just might be the best runner to ever play the QB position, but it obviously doesn't mean he can't throw.

I get so tired from hearing that 'running' QB BS.

They need to define the criteria for 'running/scrambling' QB because all of the Super Champion QBs below count as 'running/scrambling' QBs in my book:

Steve Young (single season high water mark for rushing: 537 yards)

Aaron Rodgers 356 yds rushing

John Elway 304 yards

Ben Roethlisberger 204 yards

Brett Favre 216 yards

Roger Staubach 343 yards

Joe Montana 284

Of course there are several others 'running/scrambling' QBs that were good enough to win the SB but didn't just as there are several 'pocket' passers that were good enough to win HOF QBs that didn't win a SB (Marino, Jim Kelly etc)

This whole Cam vs Luck argument is disengenous because no one can point to anything other then 'pro-readiness' as a reason why Luck is a better prospect then Newton.

Yet some people still hang on to the notion that Cam wasn't pro-ready despite his success.

People get so married to their preconceived opinions that even despite obvious proof that those notions are wrong they refuse to change.

I think its called confirmation bias.[/QUOTE]

You are so right.

And that is what makes the media's job so easy when it comes to Cam and other QBs like him. There are many people out there who will simply believe every stereotypical labeling, not so much because it's true but it prevents them from opening up their minds and accepting any other view.

Interestingly enough, these are the same people who will argue whatever they hear and read as facts instead of ever questioning the source.

IMO, any comparison of Luck should be done against RG III. But the fact that they are even making the claim that Luck will be better than Peyton, is enough for me to say...Whatever...Peyton wasn't Peyton when he was in college and I still think Eli is better.

Plus, wasn't your previous QB, Jimmy Clausen, a pro-ready QB?

Archived