• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis....any update?

Carolinaguy

Well atleast we know he is on his way back to been full strenght by trainning camp. BTW who ever says he will no longer be full time starter. Are you the HC of the panthers. If so I want to congrats you!! But until you are the HC stop saying TD ain't going to be full time starter. The man still has a contract with the panthers and Ron has said nothing to this point that TD is done as full time starter. All I hope is the best for him. Wheather he stays as a starter or even on the team period. We all know his contract will most likely be redone fully for the panthers FO to be able to combat the same thing happening to his knee a 4th time. I'm sure when they redo his contract. It will have a clause in it saying if he gets hurt again in the same area then he is done and will not get paid the money that is on the contract. But other then that. I still consider TD a full time starter until Ron says no as a full time starter. Glad to hear he is doing good. Hope everything works out for him in the end. For both him and the team to be exact.:D

Got to give TD his props. He's dedicated.
Yep he sure is. Even after having the same knee tear 3 times in 3 seasons. He still wants to play and be panther still. He even said he is willing to redo his contract to staff a panther if that what it takes. I glad for him and hope the panthers keep him on the team.

BTW who ever says he will no longer be full time starter. Are you the HC of the panthers.

yes, yes i am

If so I want to congrats you!! But until you are the HC stop saying TD ain't going to be full time starter.

um lol no

The man still has a contract with the panthers and Ron has said nothing to this point that TD is done as full time starter.

I think his ACL wholeheartedly disagrees

All I hope is the best for him. Wheather he stays as a starter or even on the team period. We all know his contract will most likely be redone fully for the panthers FO to be able to combat the same thing happening to his knee a 4th time. I'm sure when they redo his contract. It will have a clause in it saying if he gets hurt again in the same area then he is done and will not get paid the money that is on the contract.

um they kind of gave him that deal already

But other then that. I still consider TD a full time starter until Ron says no as a full time panther.

ok so besides you basically butchering grammar you still consider him a full time starter (lol)? really? the guy who's played 6 whole quarters in the last 3 seasons? you pretty much embody that eccentric section of the fanbase that thinks everybody's going to get over those injury bugs and return at 100% every time. Also I'm not surprised Ron cannot find time to go up to the mic and let everybody know whether or not he thinks Davis is still a full-time starter because they're going through a bunch of evaluations right now which probably includes him.

yes, yes i am

um lol no

I think his ACL wholeheartedly disagrees

um they kind of gave him that deal already

ok so besides you basically butchering grammar you still consider him a full time starter (lol)? really? the guy who's played 6 whole quarters in the last 3 seasons? you pretty much embody that eccentric section of the fanbase that thinks everybody's going to get over those injury bugs and return at 100% every time. Also I'm not surprised Ron cannot find time to go up to the mic and let everybody know whether or not he thinks Davis is still a full-time starter because they're going through a bunch of evaluations right now which probably includes him.

Big deal on my grammer. But anyway you ain't the HC or the team doctor. So you have no idea how TD knee will hold up even after 3 tears. Also only Ron Rivera has the say as to wheather TD remains the starter at this point. Even at this point TD is still better then any other LBer we currently have on the team. Minus Beason and Anderson. I don't think at this point TD has anyone good enough to take his starting spot on the team. We will see what happen in about 6 months from now.

Big deal on my grammer. But anyway you ain't the HC or the team doctor. So you have no idea how TD knee will hold up even after 3 tears. Also only Ron Rivera has the say as to wheather TD remains the starter at this point. Even at this point TD is still better then any other LBer we currently have in on the team. Minus Beason and Anderson. I don't think at this point TD has anyone good enough to take his starting spot on the team. We will see what happen in about 6 months from now.

lol i'm just a realist who thinks this davis situation isn't going to end in this cinderella fantasy you've built in your head which involves a player barely seeing the field for 3 whole years coming back on a tear

seriously what is it about players on this team and fans that can't come to grips with the fact there's a minimal probability that they'll rebound from career threatening situations

"no no no no no no. He's GUNNA come back and he's GUNNA be BETTER than EVAR!"

I can accept the end result, I'd like to think he can too...TD's future is out in front of him, nothing's been decided, and he has a fair shot to EARN another chance to play again.

lol i'm just a realist who thinks this davis situation isn't going to end in this cinderella fantasy you've built in your head which involves a player barely seeing the field for 3 whole years coming back on a tear
Well I know it ain't going to be easy for TD to comeback. But the man is working his butt off everyday to get back to full strength and healed currently. I know anything could happen over the next 6 months. But as of now he is still a panther and full time starter for this team. Not saying he might not lose his full time starting position to another guy. But for now the man is trying his best and as a fan I'm hoping for the best and staying positive in the mean time.

Archived