• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh, Manny!!

hmsmike

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Boston Red Sox fan And I still love Manny, yeah the split wasn't the best and all but he was a big part of us getting 2 rings and ending the curse so I have absolutely no hard feelings towards him because of that.

My hard feelings come from knowing that he was still a very good player who laid down, quitting on his team and then pulled antics to force the trade all while whining to anyone with a microphone about how bad he was being treated. Yeah, sure, Manny. He went from being one of my favorite Red Sox players to pretty much the most despised...even more than Damon, Clemens or Boggs.

As far as helping to win the 2 championships, yep, he sure did and I was a cheerleader for him the whole time right up until he turned his back on the team. No amount of rings offsets that...at least not to me.

I'm not going to apologize for feeling that way even though I know there are plenty of people on this board who would take Satan himself on their team as long as he hit home runs or scored touchdowns.

Sorry, he didn't go to the Yankees...even though I have no doubt he would have. That puts him above the three evil doers in my book....especially Damon. For some reason that really really pissed me off.

I loved to watch him play and as long as the good outweighed the bad I was his biggest cheerleader. Now it's just history, we are better off without him, and life goes on.

Oh, we're def better off without him, no doubt....he never would have stopped the childish bullshit. Just grates on my nerves that he was still a very very good player that we desperately needed but he refused to put out any effort for his teammates. Team comes first in my book and he totally turned his back on them. That puts him on my scumbag list for good.

My hard feelings come from knowing that he was still a very good player who laid down, quitting on his team and then pulled antics to force the trade all while whining to anyone with a microphone about how bad he was being treated. Yeah, sure, Manny. He went from being one of my favorite Red Sox players to pretty much the most despised...even more than Damon, Clemens or Boggs.

As far as helping to win the 2 championships, yep, he sure did and I was a cheerleader for him the whole time right up until he turned his back on the team. No amount of rings offsets that...at least not to me.

I'm not going to apologize for feeling that way even though I know there are plenty of people on this board who would take Satan himself on their team as long as he hit home runs or scored touchdowns.

I see where your coming from, but like I said for me, him helping us win those two rings goes a long way with me, so my attitude was more of, thanks for the memories Manny, and sorry things didn't work out better.

I guess you could say it's like a divorce some are pleasant and some are extremely bitter, and you could say that for me with Manny it was a pleasant one.

Archived