• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can the Blue Jays keep up in the AL East?

panthersphan

"I think you are hanging your hat on the "arms race" between Boston and NY assuring your division the crown as the "toughest and best"."

Yea...says the 13-5 Blue Jays!!

Jays win 14-0 tonight...White Sox who?

With the Sox/Yanks/Jays/Rays...what division is better? Not the AL West, or Central...Not the NL West or central...maybe the NL East...maybe...

As for the Wild Card...last year won by Boston...2nd was the Yanks, 3rd Twins, 4th Jays.

AL Wild Card:

2008 - Boston (Yanks 2nd, Jays 4th)

2007 - New York (Jays 4th)

2006 - Detroit (Jays 4th)

2005 - Boston

2004 - Boston

2003 - Boston (Jays 3rd)

Since 1985, an AL East team has been represented in the AL Championship Series 18/23 times (78%)

Since 1992, an AL East team has won the world series 8 times (50%)

Just sayin...

No team has beat the Red Sox more since the beginning of 2007 than the Jays :D

I'll be at the Jays/Sox series @ Fenway in May!!! Can't wait, never been to a game at Fenway.

And....the next day the White Sox returned the favor with a pounding.

And the rubber game went to your jays. Congrats. 4-3. a tight one versus the ageless wonder Contreras. ;) And I don't even LIKE the White Sox!

Anyway, I'm just making the point that baseball is a funny game. You never know what is going to happen, particularily in the playoffs. And any discussion in April usually looks pretty silly come September.

Usually, but not always, since baseball is, as I said over and over, a funny game.

I love the Jays. I am so glad to see them winning. If Roy Halladay can get his ERA down just a bit I think he will be a sure thing for Cy Young this year. I don't know if the Jays can make it through the summer, though. To be honest I'm a little surprised their bats are this hot. Number 1 in runs scored I believe. I think their bats will cool off a little, and thats when we will have to look to the bullpen to stay strong. We may win the division we may not, but I am almost completely sure there is a playoff birth waiting at the end of the season.

"And....the next day the White Sox returned the favor with a pounding.

And the rubber game went to your jays. Congrats. 4-3. a tight one versus the ageless wonder Contreras. And I don't even LIKE the White Sox!"

We won the series...6th straight might I add. Rolen came through in the 8th with a clutch (game winning) RBI...good teams win close games....Oh and YOU DON'T LIKE THE ChiSox?!?! I couldn't tell by your avatar :P

And our original starter (Ricky Romero) was sidelined due to a minor injury. We literally called up a kid from AAA the night before, and he had ONE bad inning...though I wasn't impressed w/ his stuff, but he won't be on the jays this year...baring injuries...

Oh and bubbadawg - Jays > Pirates, for and looooooong time now :D

Though, I have a bad feeling about this 4-game series w/ the Royals...I think KC may take 3/4

17+89=6 - Nice post, though I feel Doc is going to get screwed again due to the emergence of another AL Central pitcher, last year was Cliff Lee and his 22-3 record this year it's looking like Zack Grienke, who is en fuego...and Yes, the bats WILL cool off, and that's when the pitching is going to need to step up...

FYI - Jays are 65-43 under Cito since last June...that is NO fluke...

Grienke has definitely been stellar thus far. But I have a feeling he will fall off. I just think the Doc will be another 20 game winner, and I dont think Grienke will. At least I hope not. I'd hate to watch the best pitcher in baseball have back to back 20 win seasons without a Cy.

It would be very nice to see us be the team to cool him off a bit...

17+89=6 , Are you from Toronto, why the Jays? And you know I have to ask, why not the Leafs?

Actually I am not from Toronto. My Aunt and Uncle used to live in Toronto, and being as NC doesn't have a baseball team I adopted the Jays. The very first Major League game I went to was at SkyDome, now Rogers Centre.

My Aunt and Uncle moved out of Toronto to L.A. for my Uncles job in 2007, but we still make at least one trip a year to go watch the Jays play. And not the Leafs because my dedication has been to the Carolina Hurricanes who are my home team. So there ya go, wierd story, but thats why I love the Jays. And sad I rarely get to see them play.

Archived