• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember when

TheRealDeal

I was talking about how, again, the better defense held off the better offense and won the Superbowl. The last time this didn't happen, Rex Grossman was QB of the team with the better defense.

That's why in the draft, we need to go defense defense defense, just like we should have last year.

I'm sorry, but if defense won championships Alex Smith and Joe Flacco would have been the respective representatives. But, lo and behold, both fell short because neither had a QB that could move the offense when they absolutely needed it.

Defense is absolutely key, but having an elite quarterback covers for a lot of flaws that a good defense just can't resolve. In the end, the game is won or lost on points, not sacks.

We have our elite quarterback, so now is absolutely the time to address the defense. Last year, we did not have an elite quarterback, therefore that need had to be addressed first.

I'm sorry, but if defense won championships Alex Smith and Joe Flacco would have been the respective representatives. But, lo and behold, both fell short because neither had a QB that could move the offense when they absolutely needed it.

Defense is absolutely key, but having an elite quarterback covers for a lot of flaws that a good defense just can't resolve. In the end, the game is won or lost on points, not sacks.

We have our elite quarterback, so now is absolutely the time to address the defense. Last year, we did not have an elite quarterback, therefore that need had to be addressed first.

The reason the 49ers didn't win the Superbowl was because their punt returner gave the game away on multiple occasions. Smith was plenty good. Flacco never deserves to see the field but still the only reason he didn't have a chance at a Superbowl was his kicker, defense did their job.

And like I said, it's not so much the regular season, but that coupled with who is playing the best come playoff time. There was no doubt that the Giants D was playing the best come playoff time, maybe except for the 49ers who should have beat them.

Bottom line is defense always wins championships, no matter if your QB is Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Trent Dilfer. As long as your QB and offense isn't Rex Grossman/Chicago Bears bad, you'll be fine.

Archived