• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember when

TheRealDeal

When the end of the season rolled around, they were playing great defense.

Only in the context that it was marginally better than the defense they had for most of the season. But to call it "great" is hilariously misguided when their opposition consisted of the Colts, Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins, Bills, Broncos again, and Ravens.

They also let Orlovksy go crazy on them. Orlovsky.

As opposed to the pittsburgh steelers, who played great defense all year and then got crushed by a John Fox-coached offense

Sure...

Only in the context that it was marginally better than the defense they had for most of the season. But to call it "great" is hilariously misguided when their opposition consisted of the Colts, Redskins, Broncos, Dolphins, Bills, Broncos again, and Ravens.

They also let Orlovksy go crazy on them. Orlovsky.

Are you talking about the Giants? Because I am. Not sure where you got the Pats out of this...

They held:

#7 to 0 (25.1 below average)

#1 to 20 (15 below average)

#11 to 17 (6.8 below average)

#3 to 17 (15.1 below average)

Not great?

Sure...

Are you talking about the Giants? Because I am. Not sure where you got the Pats out of this...

They held:

#7 to 0 (25.1 below average)

#1 to 20 (15 below average)

#11 to 17 (6.8 below average)

#3 to 17 (15.1 below average)

Not great?

We were talking about the Patriots, the AFC representative, and proof positive that a mediocre defense still made it to the Super Bowl (and would have won if it had held off Manning on the last drive, or Brady had done something with 57 seconds left.)

And you knew who I was talking about.

We were talking about the Patriots, the AFC representative, and proof positive that a mediocre defense still made it to the Super Bowl (and would have won if it had held off Manning on the last drive, or Brady had done something with 57 seconds left.)

And you knew who I was talking about.

I was talking about how, again, the better defense held off the better offense and won the Superbowl. The last time this didn't happen, Rex Grossman was QB of the team with the better defense.

That's why in the draft, we need to go defense defense defense, just like we should have last year.

Archived