• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we get Alshon Jeffrey in the 5th round??

teeray

If he had Jimmy Clausen throwing him the ball last year, it would have been light years better than what he actually went through. The quarterback play for SC was at best....well, atrocious until the last 2-3 games of the season when Connor Shaw, a sophomore that hadn't played much at all, had to step in and get a feel for everything on the fly. Stephen Garcia decided this past season that booze and doing whatever he does was more important than focusing on being a good QB. While inconsistent, in the two previous years when he was throwing to Alshon (and could actually hit the broad side of a barn) ....Alshon was arguably as good as AJ Green....and his production on the field proves that

When someone can get him the ball, he is deadly and has made the most of his opportunities when he was actually targeted.

Its unfortunate that horrible quarterback play has affected his draft stock as much as it has.

Also, sad as it is to say, a good team who knows what they are doing will draft him and gladly steal him from the teams who scoffed at "declining numbers" last year and whatnot.

He's more NFL ready than Melvin Ingram too (who was a 1 year starter) but you won't hear the experts say that either.

Having a pooty QB and his lack of production isn't what is scaring some of the NFL guys. It is his inability to get open, something he struggled with last year.

SEC CBs are good, NFL CBs are better and it is a lot harder to just go up and get the ball at the next level. He is going to have to do better to be a #1 receiver in the NFL. He is going to be good regardless, but to become a legit #1 he has to do things he hasn't shown enough of.

Oh and I could give a poo how Jeffery... Jeffry.... Jeffrey.... or however the fug you spell his name. That is meaningless to me and has nothing to do with the thread or the points being made. We all know who we are talking about!

Having a pooty QB and his lack of production isn't what is scaring some of the NFL guys. It is his inability to get open, something he struggled with last year.

SEC CBs are good, NFL CBs are better and it is a lot harder to just go up and get the ball at the next level. He is going to have to do better to be a #1 receiver in the NFL. He is going to be good regardless, but to become a legit #1 he has to do things he hasn't shown enough of.

Who said he would be a #1 receiver? hell J Jones isn't the no. 1 on his team.

So where's the bitching about the title? Or the OP or the countless other people that done it. It's only when someone says he's over rated that you feel the need to point it out? Um, yeah. :rolleyes:

My exact quote from the "Panther Player Names Thread" in September 2011. Note that he was never called "over rated" prior to my comment in that thread.

You better hope we don't get Alshon Jeffery next year. His name is spelled/pronounced correctly somewhere around 5% of the time.

Variations: Ashlon Jeffery, Alshon Jeffrey, Alshon Jeffries, Alshon Jefferies, etc.

Try again.

I have asked myself numerous times, how does a guy with speed questions get that open? How can he actually outrun his persuers on TD runs? Because he is faster than you thought.

He is the fastest slow guy I have ever seen.

The difference between 4.5 and 4.4 is about the length of your arm at 40 yds. He may not have elite speed, but not many do, or it would not be elite, but he is plenty fast. Do not let your judgement be swayed by preceived short-comings.

I would not take him at 9, because I think he is a later mid-1st type. Someone is going to get a really good WR. To bad is won't be us.

My exact quote from the "Panther Player Names Thread" in September 2011. Note that he was never called "over rated" prior to my comment in that thread.

Try again.

I'm face palming in real life right now, congratulations...

funny thing is I'm not even trying. It's clear that you're being anal over something so insignificant because it's obvious that the actual topic being discussed, Jeffries (Jeffrey's, Jeffery's) over rated stature, you can't handle.

Doesn't help your name has the team that Alshon plays with... Homerism takes away your credibility.

You can try if you want. I'm not after this. Have fun man, I'm done.

I wish him well with whoever takes a shot on him. But I really doubt it will be us. In a couple of years we can all see what happened and evaluate wheher he was worth the pick or not. But going back and forth between the homers and haters is only important to Zod and his traffic flow. It won't change how well he plays or whether he gets drafted high or low. I tend to be on the overrated side myself after seeing him play in person the past couple of years not just this year.

I'm face palming in real life right now, congratulations...

funny thing is I'm not even trying. It's clear that you're being anal over something so insignificant because it's obvious that the actual topic being discussed, Jeffries (Jeffrey's, Jeffery's) over rated stature, you can't handle.

Doesn't help your name has the team that Alshon plays with... Homerism takes away your credibility.

You can try if you want. I'm not after this. Have fun man, I'm done.

You can't seriously be this stupid.

Archived