• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we get Alshon Jeffrey in the 5th round??

teeray

Plus if he was never heavy and has such great speed and did so all year why does all the draftniks mention his inability to get seperation?? Being heavy is actually a better excuse because it is correctable.

If he was in great shape and still couldn't get seperation it actually looks worse for him.

Jeffrey is a lazy, unmotivated, fat sloth with good hands. He constantly has to use his height and length to his advantage because he can't separate for poo. He was unmotivated to stay in shape in college and now that he decided to lose some weight and maybe work out a little bit because he realized that just sitting around wasn't going to get him a very good paycheck we're supposed to support him? No freaking way. I'd rather take a less talented motivated player, over a Jeffrey any day.

It was a tweet that was re-tweeted by Evan Silva. I am not aware of any beef the Joe Everett from www.rookiedraft.com would have with Jeffery. Can you fill me in??

Where did he get his obviously inaccurate information? Please, fill me in, and I can answer your question in turn.

Plus if he was never heavy and has such great speed and did so all year why does all the draftniks mention his inability to get seperation?? Being heavy is actually a better excuse because it is correctable.

If he was in great shape and still couldn't get seperation it actually looks worse for him.

Lol at you if think "seperation" is exclusive with speed. Jeffery displayed good speed quite routinely at USC.

Seperation isn't directly tied to speed. It's connected to a bunch of other various, coachable factors.

Jeffrey is a lazy' date=' unmotivated, fat sloth with good hands. He constantly has to use his height and length to his advantage because he can't separate for poo. He was unmotivated to stay in shape in college and now that he decided to lose some weight and maybe work out a little bit because he realized that just sitting around wasn't going to get him a very good paycheck we're supposed to support him? No freaking way. I'd rather take a less talented motivated player, over a Jeffrey any day. [/quote']

There is literally zero evidence to suggest any of this is anywhere close to true. I know this was a popular argument a month ago, and I commend you for trying to stick to your guns, but the evidence has now not only disproven this argument, it has shown just the opposite to be true. You'll have to evolve your argument if you want to stay "current." I'd recommend following Sloth's lead and start attacking his character, though there really isn't any evidence to support that theory either.

Jeffery's playing weight at USC was 229, just for inquiring minds. A very reasonable weight, but I can see why he'd want to shed some pounds if it would quicken him up a bit.

There is a difference in what you are "listed" at and what you actually are in terms of height or weight. Charled Barkley was listed at 6'6 252 pounds but was closer to 6'5 and 270

Where did he get his obviously inaccurate information? Please, fill me in, and I can answer your question in turn.

According to Joe Everett it was from asource working with Jeffery doing the timing in Indy before he went to Florida to continue his training leading up to the combine.

After his intitial tweet he corrected himself saying it was from several weeks prior to when he tweeted it after talking to his "source" again.

I was skeptical even when he tweeted it, which is why in the original op I added the caveat "if" it was true.

Lol at you if think "seperation" is exclusive with speed. Jeffery displayed good speed quite routinely at USC.

Seperation isn't directly tied to speed. It's connected to a bunch of other various, coachable factors.

Speed helps a bunch in getting seperation. If he is having trouble getting open but is in shape and got good speed, it is more reflective of route running and/or effort. Being heavy is a better crutch because it is the most easily correctible.

There is a reason everyone is interested in his 40 time. More so than any other receiver; it is because they are trying to understand why he coldn't seperate.

There is a difference in what you are "listed" at and what you actually are in terms of height or weight. Charled Barkley was listed at 6'6 252 pounds but was closer to 6'5 and 270

The problem is that there is no substantial evidence to suggest Jeffery was anything significantly higher than this. None. Just one stupid photo and legions of internet idiots like those found on this forum to perpetuate a stupid myth which eventually settles in people's heads-including the media as "fact"

We saw it last year with Cam and I thought your average Huddler would be smart enough to see it transparently this year, but they haven't been. They've simply perpetuated a stupid myth that has snowballed out of control until it came to a grinding halt today when Jeffery showed them the truth.

According to Joe Everett it was from asource working with Jeffery doing the timing in Indy before he went to Florida to continue his training leading up to the combine

Ah, the famed internet "source." The bane of truth everywhere since the 90's.

Speed helps a bunch in getting seperation. If he is having trouble getting open but is in shape and got good speed, it is more reflective of route running and/or effort. Being heavy is a better crutch because it is the most easily correctible.

I never said it wasn't connected. I said it wasn't mutually exclusive. It isn't. The thing is, the other aspects of "seperation" that aren't speed, are coachable traits. Jeffery has shown to have speed. Now he just needs the coaching refinements.

I think Jeffrey in the 2nd is more likely. I wonder how much of this garbage tweets and such are from fans of Georgia, Florida or whoever that hate him cause of the damage he did to them on the field. My top five WR are

1. Blackmon 2. Floyd 3. Hill 4. Jeffrey 5. Wright.

Wright is looking more and more like a product of the Baylor system and having RG3. Hill and Jeffrey did the most with subpar QB play. Both are also the most physically gifted. Blackmon is also a system guy who could disappoint in the Pros. I think he has the skills but his speed worries me more than Jeffrey's.

I agree that Jeffreys will be taken in the 2nd or 3rd round at the lowest. I wouldn't take him in the second and we don't have a third. The problem with lack of separation in college is that D backs don't know how to jam receivers in college. If a guy can't get separation in college he will never do that in the pros where corners are very good at jamming receivers. It does remind me of Jarrett. Except Jarrett was very good in college and could get open easily. But he never could do it in the pros. I don't think Jeffries is worth a high pick in the draft with so many defensive needs. But that is me.

Archived