• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any Call of Duty people on the forum?

Lone Buc Fan

HQ is alright but TDM is where its at... I don't like playing with people who just wanna camp the whole game. I stick with TDM because you can rack up good strings of kills and no one can blame you of any unfair tactic as its more of a team element then a bunch of people camping a objective.

HQ is alright but TDM is where its at... I don't like playing with people who just wanna camp the whole game. I stick with TDM because you can rack up good strings of kills and no one can blame you of any unfair tactic as its more of a team element then a bunch of people camping a objective.
my personal fav is Domination, TDM is too easy IMO most of the time, plus I get to have crazy games on Domination I could never have in TDM, like going over 100 kills for a round

• 2 weeks later...

The only time you camp in HQ is when you have the HQ. What are you supposed to do run away from it and let them take it down? You're supposed to guard it. Like Doc said at most you get 25 kills on TDM if you're on the winning team, HQ and domination you can get 50 to 100 kills every match if you're on a good team. It's just more fast paced and and you're not sitting in one area spawn camping the other team, and there is a purpose. Everyone talks about kill to death ratio which is garbage. If you guys have these high of ones playing objective games id say you're good. If its from tdm it means nothing. Mines at 1.11 or somewhere around there and thats only because i play HQ a lot and the purpose isn't to have the highest kills. I've gone negative many times and still won and had the highest score on my team.

The only time you camp in HQ is when you have the HQ. What are you supposed to do run away from it and let them take it down? You're supposed to guard it. Like Doc said at most you get 25 kills on TDM if you're on the winning team, HQ and domination you can get 50 to 100 kills every match if you're on a good team. It's just more fast paced and and you're not sitting in one area spawn camping the other team, and there is a purpose. Everyone talks about kill to death ratio which is garbage. If you guys have these high of ones playing objective games id say you're good. If its from tdm it means nothing. Mines at 1.11 or somewhere around there and thats only because i play HQ a lot and the purpose isn't to have the highest kills. I've gone negative many times and still won and had the highest score on my team.

yeah objective games really bring down your K/d ratio, if I could just tally my TDM rounds by themselves it's probably easily over 2.0 or higher because I do that in TDM far far more often then not, but Objective games are another story I've had one game in Domination where I was playing with a good team but faced a very good team and I went 33-88 for the round, needless to say I have avoided "A" on crash like the plague for almost a year now since then, but then again the players that are good enough to do that to you now are few and far between, and I can't even think of the last time I ran across a team that was that good.

and BTW I hit 50,000 kills with a k/d of 1.50 sunday, and it would have been a 1.52 if it wasn't for my brother playing on my account for the first time in a few months, I didn't know you could drop some one that was that high in kills so fast in they're ratio.

I wouldn't say HQ is any less camping than TDM is. You go get a base, and sit there. I know the point of it, but it's still basically camping. It's not that much more fast paced unless you count dodging 55 grenades, then yes, I guess it is fast paced. Then you have half the team just trying to get kills, so it's a frustrating game mode. I don't mind it with a full team though, but playing by yourself makes it suck big time.

I haven't played CoD4 much and probably won't till they get the anti-cheat patch put in (if they haven't already). People figured out how to edit the game when it's saved on the hard drive (hook it up to a PC and hex it or something), so people are on X-box live activating God mode and all of that crap right now, not fun.

And if you play TDM mostly, K/d ratio is NOT trash, it's a clear stat for showing how you do in TDM. Yeah, it's not good for the other game modes, but for TDM it matters. Just cause you play objective game modes doesn't mean ratio in TDM doesn't matter.

I wouldn't say HQ is any less camping than TDM is. You go get a base, and sit there. I know the point of it, but it's still basically camping. It's not that much more fast paced unless you count dodging 55 grenades, then yes, I guess it is fast paced. Then you have half the team just trying to get kills, so it's a frustrating game mode. I don't mind it with a full team though, but playing by yourself makes it suck big time.

I haven't played CoD4 much and probably won't till they get the anti-cheat patch put in (if they haven't already). People figured out how to edit the game when it's saved on the hard drive (hook it up to a PC and hex it or something), so people are on X-box live activating God mode and all of that crap right now, not fun.

And if you play TDM mostly, K/d ratio is NOT trash, it's a clear stat for showing how you do in TDM. Yeah, it's not good for the other game modes, but for TDM it matters. Just cause you play objective game modes doesn't mean ratio in TDM doesn't matter.

The HQ's move around. So if you camp the same spot you're not going to get any action. To stop the grenades you keep people out or play hardcore. I really don't get the grenade argument either. You always complain about that but i don't seem to have problems with it. Its fast paced cause you're running all over the place trying to set. TDM you find each others spawn and you sit there and kill them as they come out. Every time I've played with you guys we have sat in the same spot until one of us moves up to far and it switches the spawn then we just head to the new one. I just find it pretty boring. I guess it was fun during the 2nd Halo but that was about it. I don't mind playing it with you guys just to relax a bit. Also i wanted to make gold star so i really didn't want to play it cause the points suck. God mode is gone. They fixed that saturday. Mods don't bother me b/c most of the people are poo anyway. I'm saying its trash because people who worry about it and talk about how theirs is so much better but thats only b/c you play tdm. I feel like if i played it i would have a 2.0 k/d too.

The HQ's move around. So if you camp the same spot you're not going to get any action. To stop the grenades you keep people out or play hardcore. I really don't get the grenade argument either. You always complain about that but i don't seem to have problems with it. Its fast paced cause you're running all over the place trying to set. TDM you find each others spawn and you sit there and kill them as they come out. Every time I've played with you guys we have sat in the same spot until one of us moves up to far and it switches the spawn then we just head to the new one. I just find it pretty boring. I guess it was fun during the 2nd Halo but that was about it. I don't mind playing it with you guys just to relax a bit. Also i wanted to make gold star so i really didn't want to play it cause the points suck. God mode is gone. They fixed that saturday. Mods don't bother me b/c most of the people are poo anyway. I'm saying its trash because people who worry about it and talk about how theirs is so much better but thats only b/c you play tdm. I feel like if i played it i would have a 2.0 k/d too.

People can say they'd have this ratio if they did this or played that, but until we see it, it's moot. For those who do play TDM, that's how you see your progress. I like TDM cause I don't need a full team and after working all day I don't feel like having to do the objective stuff, just want to get in and kill.

Yeah good news about the patch. I knew there was weird crap going on for a couple months now aside from the reg. Modded controllers I agree, I can handle. Hey, it only took 18 months to get the patch, good job Infinity Ward lol.

Objective games is the way to go.

HC S&D

HC HQ

TDM is just mind numbingly boring. I'm sorry but I become unstoppable if you don't know where i'm at or where i'm coming from. I play around in free for all from time to time and it just becomes a joke. I run around with an ACOG/M40A3 and its usually 25-3 very quick. At least in objective games I have to deal with campers and I have to deal with nades/noobtubes.

The only time I lose a TDM match is when I come up on whole team of campers.

The only time I lose an objective based game is when I'm up against a whole team that goes for the objective and Britneck doesn't throw his nades.

Besides everyone knows real men play HC S&D.

HC S&D

HC HQ

TDM is just mind numbingly boring. I'm sorry but I become unstoppable if you don't know where i'm at or where i'm coming from. I play around in free for all from time to time and it just becomes a joke. I run around with an ACOG/M40A3 and its usually 25-3 very quick. At least in objective games I have to deal with campers and I have to deal with nades/noobtubes.

The only time I lose an objective based game is when I'm up against a whole team that goes for the objective and Britneck doesn't throw his nades.

S&D seems more fun than HQ to me.

I think the more annoying people on the game are the ones that no scope and run around doing that, it's worse than a modded controller.

HC S&D

HC HQ

You hold me back from my true potential. You've posted once your opinion means nothing.

People can say they'd have this ratio if they did this or played that, but until we see it, it's moot. For those who do play TDM, that's how you see your progress. I like TDM cause I don't need a full team and after working all day I don't feel like having to do the objective stuff, just want to get in and kill.

Yeah good news about the patch. I knew there was weird crap going on for a couple months now aside from the reg. Modded controllers I agree, I can handle. Hey, it only took 18 months to get the patch, good job Infinity Ward lol.

Well every time i've played i've been positive and i was up to 1.18 till i stopped playing with you guys. The only time ive been negative is when i fug around and draw on the wall or something.

what's wrong with no scoping? Its fun. its a change, and it gives people a better chance. I mean if I use an acog m40a3 in shipment the guy with a red dot p90 has advantage right? At least he would like to think so..

K/D is worthless. Means nothing. Even in TDM/DM you have to have to combine it with your wining % to even come close to saying you are doing OK. Before I went to W@W my K/D on COD was 2.3 playing only HQ/SnD/Sabotage. I camp nothing. I go after everything that moves and try to set/destroy every objective. If I played TDM all that time, no way I'm under a 4.0. In fact, 95% of my cage matches are a 10-1 and most of my DM matches are 5-1.

After coming back to COD4 from W@W i used a pistol for a month. Followed using only a knife for another few weeks which now leaves me with about a 1.6 K/D. I find a 1.6 to be much fun. Then all the 3-1+ K/D folks can talk trash. Thats about the time I put the pork fried rice down, sit up and go mental on everyone.

This is why COD2 is such a classic. No tracking of stats. You play to win. You play HQ and have fun for days. The only time you played TDM/DM is with a full friends private lobby. This way you know who you are up against, this way all the trash talking that follows is 100% legit.

Archived