• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chronicle

The_Cannon

I just saw the movie Chronicle earlier today during the matinee. It doesn't have any stars in it (the only person I knew was Michael B Jordan from Friday Night Lights and The Wire) but it was a damn good movie.

It's a essentially about three guys that find a weird cave in the woods and it gives them telekinesis and the power fly and control anything with their minds. It's different from most super power movies because instead of using their powers for good they act like teenagers would in real life and dick around with their powers and act like ass holes(scaring people in a store, lifting up girls skirts etc). I won't spoil the end because it was on of the best action sequences I have seen in a while. They also had some of the most believable special effects I've seen. Anyone else check it out or going to see it?

Let me further explain why I enjoyed it so much.

1. The acting, for nobodies, was definitely solid.

2. Unlike most "superhero" movies, these dudes aren't instantly trying to save the world or something. Their powers are used weakly at first, and then they slowly explore their abilities further.

3. The character progression was great.

4. Instead of doing ridiculous things like saving little children from getting hit by cars or some Spiderman sh*t like that, they do things that normal teenage boys would do.

5. It slowly builds up to the point in the plot that twists the movie around, instead of barreling into it without reason.

6. The special effects were very solid.

7. It will make you want superpowers. Trust me.

The special effects are what sold it for me. This film had a budget of $15 million and it had the most seamless F/X's I've seen in a while. It was a really solid movie. I loved the last action sequence had a great blend of emotion and action, I wish it would have ended differently.

Some of the people I saw it with said they wish the ending wasn't so huge, and that the entire movie was more about them messing with people.

What I told them is that the movie's progression worked so well. Like the ending had reason, it wasn't just something that happened because the director/writers said so. Although it was a huge, drastic ending, it worked with the movie.

Some of the people I saw it with said they wish the ending wasn't so huge, and that the entire movie was more about them messing with people.

What I told them is that the movie's progression worked so well. Like the ending had reason, it wasn't just something that happened because the director/writers said so. Although it was a huge, drastic ending, it worked with the movie.

I think it would have been better if it would have ended more abruptly (highlight for spoilers) have the movie cut to black after Matt stabbed Andrew with the spear from the statue. Maybe show him flying away but I didn't like the whole "hey Andrew you weren't a bad person love you see I went to Tibet anyways" ending.

Archived