• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College student transitioning into the real world rant

neverlosethefeeling

of the day.

Why are there no ***** jobs, especially for those of us with a Liberal Arts degree? If I get one more call from a HR recruiter saying they found my resume on Monster, Indeed, Careerbuilder, etc. and they think I'd be the perfect match for their commission-based position selling spa packages... I'm goin gorillas on somebody.

How the fk am I supposed to get experience in a particular field when it seems that even entry-level jobs want you to have experience? I know a lot of students do internships, but I never did. That doesn't mean I'm not qualified. I spent my time doing other things like Division 1 athletics, studying abroad and working two part-time jobs to help pay some bills. I just ask that you consider those things, in lieu of a formal internship, and recognize the unique perspective each of my own activities may have given me, and how that might help you and your company. The sad thing is you'll probably never even see my application because your automatic resume screener will pay no attention to those things and disqualify me as a candidate for the menial position you have available.

Intended this to be a parody... but that was actually kinda theraputic.

of the day.

Why are there no ***** jobs, especially for those of us with a Liberal Arts degree? If I get one more call from a HR recruiter saying they found my resume on Monster, Indeed, Careerbuilder, etc. and they think I'd be the perfect match for their commission-based position selling spa packages... I'm goin gorillas on somebody.

So there are jobs but not ones you'll take...

Go pay your dues like the rest of us did.

And get off of my yard!

Archived