• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scat-back idea????? Noel Devine

CardiacCats

NoelDevine.jpg

Rivera has said he wants a scat-back so why not look at this kid???? He was a top recruit out of a high school and had a tremendous career at West Virginia, but surprisingly never caught on with an NFL squad. He plays for the Omaha Nighthawks and I don't know the rules about getting a guy of a UFL team but you know he would love the chance. I think he would be better than anyone we would be looking at in the draft for this....

College Stats

Freshman: 73 carries, 627 yards, 6 TD; 7 catches, 90 yards

Sophomore: 206 carries, 1289 yards, 4 TD; 35 catches, 185 yards

Junior: 241 carries, 1465 yards, 13 TD; 22 carries, 177 yards, 1 TD

Senior: 208 carries, 934 yards, 6 TD; 34 catches, 258 yards, 1 TD

5'8", 180 lbs, 4.34

I remember how highly touted this guy was coming into college. He did fairly well in college but definitely didn't live up to the hype.

As far as using him as a scat back, not too positive. His career is young and is probably the reason it hasn't taken off yet but I can just see him turning out to be a flop.

I wouldn't have a problem with this. He has just as much potential in our offense as Rainey or any other guy in this draft class.

My only question would be can he return kicks/punts? We need a consistent returner and Rivera has stated he wants a scat back. If we can find both without spending a draft pick/big FA money, win win.

Less money/picks spent on an already good offense=more money/picks for shitty defense.

he's great in madden but in real life he's too small to survive nfl hits and he has a fumble problem. Also he's not mentally ready for the nfl considering when the eagles signed him he just walked away from camp 3 days later.

he's great in madden but in real life he's too small to survive nfl hits and he has a fumble problem. Also he's not mentally ready for the nfl considering when the eagles signed him he just walked away from camp 3 days later.

Oh word? Hadn't heard anything about him really since his junior year, other than being in the UFL.

I don't think he's TOO small to be a situational player, but if he does have the fumblitis and commitment issues you bring up, then yeah we should stay away.

I've never seen the actual quote but did Rivera say he wanted a scat back or did he say he wanted Darren Sproles?

He said he wanted a scatback like Darren Sproles, not Sproles himself.

For what it's worth, he didn't actually say it on camera. It was repeated by a sideline reporter.

My point is that everyone would like to have a back like Darren Sproles. He's really good, probably the best scat back in the NFL.

Valid. Guys that dangerous don't grow on trees though.

Let's not overlook durability. There are a fair share of guys with a similar size-speed combo who can't take the pounding.

Archived