• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Renting Movies Through Streaming Service vs. Redbox

fitty76

I'm trying to figure out what is more cost effective. Renting movies though a streaming service like iTunes and Amazon Instant Video or Redbox.

Redbox is cheaper, but I have to actually go to a kiosk pick up the DVD and return the DVD for $1.28. The streaming services offer new movies for $3.99 a rental and I don't have to get up off of my couch.

So I'm thinking the streaming movies though Amazon to my Roku box is probably a better option.

Amazon streaming is free with an Amazon Prime Account.

I haven't streamed through iTunes.

I cancelled netflix as the movie pickings get slimmer and more obscure.

I'm trying out blockbuster at the moment. Not a fan so far.

You can also try EpixHD.

Hidden

I'm trying to figure out what is more cost effective. Renting movies though a streaming service like iTunes and Amazon Instant Video or Redbox.

Redbox is cheaper, but I have to actually go to a kiosk pick up the DVD and return the DVD for $1.28. The streaming services offer new movies for $3.99 a rental and I don't have to get up off of my couch.

So I'm thinking the streaming movies though Amazon to my Roku box is probably a better option.

For me if I order online/reserve its a dollar the first night.

For me if I order online/reserve its a dollar the first night at Redbox.

Amazon streaming is free with an Amazon Prime Account.

I haven't streamed through iTunes.

I cancelled netflix as the movie pickings get slimmer and more obscure.

I'm trying out blockbuster at the moment. Not a fan so far.

You can also try EpixHD.

The Amazon Prime movies are just about the same as the Netflix streaming.

Archived