• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CardiacCats 7-round Panthers Mock v.4.0

CardiacCats

Version 1- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/72895-cardiaccats-panthers-7-round-mock-edition-1-a.html

Version 2- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/75255-cardiaccats-7-round-panthers-mock-v-2-0-a.html

Version 3- http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-nfl-draft/75913-cardiaccats-7-round-panthers-mock-v-3-0-a.html

LSU-set-up-for-another-run-next-season-8KQKGVV-x-large.jpg

1st Round-Michael Brockers-DT-LSU

I have no idea if Dre Kirkpatrick's recent drug issues will keep us from taking him or not, but regardless a lot of people have him in the 20s on their "big boards" and I've always questioned his cover skills. I'm really starting to like big guy Michael Brockers from LSU. He sounds like a really smart talking guy and a hard-worker that isn't going to give up on plays. He has great 6'6" 305 size and I think his stock is only going to continue to grow from here. The ideal situation would be trade back a few slots and snag him, but if his stock continues to grow like it already is, taking him 8th or 9th overall might not sound like a huge reach. Watching him play, his stats are misleading. He shows up consistently and always demands a double team, I LOVE HIS UPSIDE. Brockers finished the season with 54 total tackles and 2 sacks.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuUEk349TK-HFdIeWyi2vZB4NLYxXZ6wqipkbXsaNM9FYSh9g0XwtVRh9y1g

2nd Round-Desmond Trufant-CB-Washington

This is a CB-heavy class and there are a lot of prospects to go around in rounds 1 and 2 which is why I didn't have us taking a CB this week. I haven't heard this guy's name mentioned really at all on this board, but I think there is a great chance we snag him in the second. Desmond Trufant has great size "6-0, 184" and runs a 4.42 40 yard dash. I think he's the 6th best CB in the draft after Claiborne, Kirkpatrick, Jenkins, Denard and Minnifield. Trufant made 64 tackles and had 2 INT this year. However, I honestly have no idea if this guy has entered the draft... I can't find ANYTHING about it, maybe he hasn't decided. If he returns to Washington he could be the top CB in the draft next year, maybe one of you can help me out on this.

Bobby-Wagner.jpg

4th round-Bobby Wagner-OLB-Utah State

This guy is flying under the radar a bit as he played at a small school but I really, really like him. I expect we'll go OLB in round 4 as there are some solid prospects that will be available around there )Bobby Wagner, Keenan Robinson, and Nigel Bradham). Wagner finished with a total of 147 tackles this season, an unreal number. In 2010 he had 133, in 2009 he had 114.... he is an absolute tackle machine. I hope we give Davis another year, but we need a reliable replacement if he goes down again, this guy could be a huge steal.

95575319_display_image.jpg?1278116012

5th Round-Drake Dunsmore-FB/HB/TE-Northwestern

WHO???!!!! Drake Dunsmore baby! Let's get real, Richie Brockel was our full back this season... we need another guy that can be the FB for years to come. Dunsmore was mainly a tight end in college and he had a great senior season with 45 catches, 522 yards and 6 TD. He's projected to play full back in the NFL and I think Chudzinski could have a FIELD DAY with him (if he's back of course). Dunsmore is a great, hard worker that loves the game. He also brings a ton to the table, we could have so many trick plays with him.

ilokapick_medium.jpg

6th Round-George Iloka-S-Boise State

Even if they only play a role on special teams, I would be very surprised if we don't add a safety at some point in this draft just to compete with Sherrod Martin. Iloka's play has declined in Boise ever since his freshman season, this year he had 58 tackles but 0 INT and he got torched down the field a few times. He still is a good tackler which could lead to him being a reliable special teams player and good backup in the future.

Brandon+Bolden+Mississippi+v+LSU+6N0wokvq-hfl.jpg

7th Round-Brandon Bolden-RB-Ole Miss

It's the seventh round and Rivera has said he wants a scat back, which leads me to believe Goodson could be gone. This board has fell in love with Chris Rainey but I would be surprised if he is available in the seventh round. Bolden is actually one of the bigger backs in this draft but he has very good hands. He ran 96 times for 472 yards and 4 TDs as a senior. Not only can Bolden power run, but he can hurdle defenders as well. He would be a good goal-line back also if we can't retain Stewart. I like this guy.

I am almost sold on Brockers. Trufant went back to school. I think the 5th round FB is debatable. Brockel is sufficient. Chud has an extremely mobile QB, two elite RBs and a serviceable fullback. I think there is enough firepower for plays galore. I would try to pick up BPA or OL/Special Teams/DB rather than going FB at that point.

i doubt iloka is there past the 3rd round.

not crazy about FB. not really a need in this offense.

i like the direction of the 2nd round. either CB or pass rusher.

of course i love the first pick.

There is no doubt we need to go CB/DT in the first and second rounds, a lot of talent there. But yeah, I'm falling in love with Brockers more and more daily. So much upside and seems like he would be great in the community, not a head-case like Kirkpatrick or Jenkins from everything I've heard. And I don't know much about Iloka, but from the player rankings I use they said he is a 6-7 round draft pick.

There is no doubt we need to go CB/DT in the first and second rounds, a lot of talent there. But yeah, I'm falling in love with Brockers more and more daily. So much upside and seems like he would be great in the community, not a head-case like Kirkpatrick or Jenkins from everything I've heard. And I don't know much about Iloka, but from the player rankings I use they said he is a 6-7 round draft pick.

Most places I've seen have him as the second rated FS in he draft and 66th overall in the draft. Borderline late 2nd round to somewhere in the third round. He also played Cornerback some this season for Boise and played really well.

i want this guy

clearly if you watch gamecocks football steph gilmore is more of a liability....i think cam scored all of his TDs on gilmore in the SEC championship game....guy has the tools but he lacks pure instinct in my opinion...he doesnt impress me at all

Archived