• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoffs so far

TheRealDeal

Brady, Belichick.....gimpy Reed. I don't think the Patriots need the refs. Ray Rice will get his....but the Ravens won't be able to keep up.

The Pats won't need the refs, but they will sure as hell still get them. Just another reason to pick the Patriots in this game.

NFL officiating is the worst in any professional sport aside from FIFA WC.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist usually, but sometimes in the league man I just see stupid calls and scratch my head. That Giants fumble against the Packers last week was one of the most idiotic maybe the nfl is fixed calls I've ever seen. But let's face it: Brady vs. Rodgers in the SB was the super bowl story that the league needed.

The Pats won't need the refs, but they will sure as hell still get them. Just another reason to pick the Patriots in this game.

NFL officiating is the worst in any professional sport aside from FIFA WC.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist usually, but sometimes in the league man I just see stupid calls and scratch my head. That Giants fumble against the Packers last week was one of the most idiotic maybe the nfl is fixed calls I've ever seen. But let's face it: Brady vs. Rodgers in the SB was the super bowl story that the league needed.

well, in there defense......NFL football should be one of the hardest games to officiate. Speed/number of players involved per play. Human element will always exist......and impact games.

Pretty much any matchup from these 4 will be good for the league. All big markets with big names/potential storylines:

Giants/Ravens - Superbowl rematch of Ray Lewis' only SB win, he goes in...wins then calls it a career

49ers/Ravens - Harbaugh v. Harbaugh

Giants/Patriots - SB rematch; Brady's revenge for his 4th title thus tying Montana

49ers/Patriots (the top prediction in most places) - 1st year coach v. Beliballs...and not to mention the 90s dynasty versus the 2000s dynasty to start off the 2010s

A lot of marketability across the board and that was just off the top of my head. Not that it really means anything :)

well, in there defense......NFL football should be one of the hardest games to officiate.

Especially when a 60 year old man is playing catch-up to a 20 year old super athlete

Human element will always exist

Human ERROR will always exist.

FTFY

Officiating is so bad now that it's hard to tell what is a penalty and what isn't.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The days of defense and running the ball to win championships are quickly coming to an end. It's essentially turning into a tougher version of the AFL. Defenders can't do sh1t anymore. If a LB as much as passes gas in the direction of a QB; it's a 15 yard penalty.

This concussion sh1t is killing the league.

giants vs ravens in the superbowl.

i remember i thought brady would tear up ravens last time in the playoffs...NOPE.

ray rice and ray lewis will have a feild day, and I beleive the ravens might try to throw alot more too. after all, that defense sucks and it would catch the patriots off guard.

giants just seem like the hottest and most complete team on the feild now........which is a good thing in the playoffs.

Especially when a 60 year old man is playing catch-up to a 20 year old super athlete

Human ERROR will always exist.

FTFY

Officiating is so bad now that it's hard to tell what is a penalty and what isn't.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The days of defense and running the ball to win championships are quickly coming to an end. It's essentially turning into a tougher version of the AFL. Defenders can't do sh1t anymore. If a LB as much as passes gas in the direction of a QB; it's a 15 yard penalty.

This concussion sh1t is killing the league.

and that isn't so much the refs fault....the rules they are putting into the game make it near impossible for them not to impact the game.

Ironically after all the pro-Flacco arguing I did in this thread I found myself sitting in a bar last night arguing with two strangers that claimed Flacco was an elite QB (they were not Ravens fans but actually Panther fans).

When one of them stated he was the best QB left in the playoffs and the other agreed I couldn't ignore the conversation anymore and ripped Flacco so much for the next 30 minutes that at one point I though tI was channeling my inner TRD. I think I may even have called Flacco a trash QB at one point.

Ironically after all the pro-Flacco arguing I did in this thread I found myself sitting in a bar last night arguing with two strangers that claimed Flacco was an elite QB (they were not Ravens fans but actually Panther fans).

When one of them stated he was the best QB left in the playoffs and the other agreed I couldn't ignore the conversation anymore and ripped Flacco so much for the next 30 minutes that at one point I though tI was channeling my inner TRD. I think I may even have called Flacco a trash QB at one point.

Now you understand my time here on the Huddle ;)

Ravens offense scares noone. The texans turned it over 4 times and still only lost by 7.

Giants are playing well but bigger story was miscues and turnovers by the packers.

49ers and Patriots.

I hope the Niners make it to the SB, but you gotta remember NO turned it over 5 times and only lost by 4. It's the playoffs, weird poo happens.

Archived