• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playoffs so far

TheRealDeal

I wouldn't say Flaaco is trash.....he is a mediocre QB on a team with a good defense that has defintely helped him win games which also makes it easier for people to discount what he has accomplished.

Which QB has won more games in his first 4 years in the history of the league (44-20)? Flacco

Who has a solid career QB rating of 86.0 while passing for 34 more TD's than INTs which has nothing to do with having a good "D"? - Flacco.

Granted his QB play in the playoffs is less than spectacular in most games but he has made the divisional round of the playoffs in each year of career and is 5-3 overall. Is he the biggest reason for that? Absolutely not but I can't agree he is fuggin trash.

Like I've said for years, I don't care much for stats because they don't tell the whole story. Flacco threw 3? TD passes this week but when you don't have to drive the ball for the TD and get to toss it in from the 4 (on a terrible pass might I add) I don't care what your stats look like. Tell me the D had nothing to do with that TD, I dare you. Tell me how many TD drives Flacco led that weren't set up by the D, I'll wait.

I think Flacco is as replaceable as they come. You put any QB in the top 80% in the league on that team and they are better than they are now or the same. I know I'm simplifying things but show me a top 25 QB that can't hand off hand off throw it deep or check down?

Guy is just in a great spot but he's holding them back and it's painfully obvious.

in the AFC we have the #2 offense (#31 defense) against the #3 defense (#15 offense)

in the NFC we have the #8 offense (#27 defense) against the #4 defense (#26 offense)

I think it's going to be offense from the AFC and defense from the NFC.

No, I think the numbers you use here are completely flawed.

Yards allowed or gained is essentially irrlevant when talking defense and offense. Points allowed or scored is what is meaningful, they dont put yards on the scoreboard, only points.

What you really have is in the AFC the #3 offense (#15 defense, Patriots) against the #3 defense (#12 offense, Ravens).

in the NFC we have the #9 offense (#25 defense, Giants) against the #2 defense (#11 offense, 49ers)

These teams are far more balanced than simple yards numbers show. The Giants defensive point number may be a bit high but their D is as healthy as it's been all season and peaking at the right time. So far in the postseason they are allowing 10 points per game against the Falcons and Packers.

As I always say, no one cares how many yards the '85 Bears or the 2001 Ravens defenses allowed, only points allowed per game. Yards are as meaningless as Drew Brees passing records while he heads for the Pro Bowl as other teams continue in the Tournament. :yesnod:

I wouldn't say Flaaco is trash.....he is a mediocre QB on a team with a good defense that has defintely helped him win games which also makes it easier for people to discount what he has accomplished.

Which QB has won more games in his first 4 years in the history of the league (44-20)? Flacco

Who has a solid career QB rating of 86.0 while passing for 34 more TD's than INTs which has nothing to do with having a good "D"? - Flacco.

Granted his QB play in the playoffs is less than spectacular in most games but he has made the divisional round of the playoffs in each year of career and is 5-3 overall. Is he the biggest reason for that? Absolutely not but I can't agree he is fuggin trash.

he's certainly had a mediocre year this past season. I don't know if he's even going to be in sync against what has been all year a terrible Pats defense.

i'd say the only shot Baltimore has at winning is if they just dominate Brady, which basically means they have to pressure the poo out of him and take away his pocket for most of the game.

Like I've said for years, I don't care much for stats because they don't tell the whole story. Flacco threw 3? TD passes this week but when you don't have to drive the ball for the TD and get to toss it in from the 4 (on a terrible pass might I add) I don't care what your stats look like. Tell me the D had nothing to do with that TD, I dare you. Tell me how many TD drives Flacco led that weren't set up by the D, I'll wait.

I think Flacco is as replaceable as they come. You put any QB in the top 80% in the league on that team and they are better than they are now or the same. I know I'm simplifying things but show me a top 25 QB that can't hand off hand off throw it deep or check down?

Guy is just in a great spot but he's holding them back and it's painfully obvious.

You dare me? I said "Flacco is a mediocre QB on a team that has a good defense that has definitely helped him win games."

I am not sure what the challenge is...sounds like we agree.

I said he was a mediocre QB, in my mind most mediocre QB's can be easily replaced. I was just disagreeing that anyone who has those accomplishments cannot be considered a trash QB. I will hold that term for guys like Kyle Boller who arguably had a better defense with the same team but could never produce.

Teams can make it into the playoffs with either a good defense or offense. Teams win the Superbowl when the part that was playing well continues to do so and the other half picks up the pace.

NE has the best offense of any team left. If their defense picks it up, they will be hard to beat.

New York is the same way in the NFC. Their offense is better than the 49ers right now. If their defense plays like they did against Green Bay, they will be in the Superbowl. The 49ers will have to have turnovers and some big plays which they are capable of getting.

Home teams usually have an advantage in the NFCCG. I think New England is going to win and so will the 49ers. The Giants proved they could go on the road and win a huge game. But it hard to put 2 of those together back to back. Should be good games.

No, I think the numbers you use here are completely flawed.

Yards allowed or gained is essentially irrlevant when talking defense and offense. Points allowed or scored is what is meaningful, they dont put yards on the scoreboard, only points.

What you really have is in the AFC the #3 offense (#15 defense, Patriots) against the #3 defense (#12 offense, Ravens).

in the NFC we have the #9 offense (#25 defense, Giants) against the #2 defense (#11 offense, 49ers)

I agree that yards is not the best way to rank teams, but it's the way the NFL uses. Points allowed/not allowed is a factor of many other things (ST, Touchdowns against your offense, bad field position, etc). You sometimes have a situation where a team gives up a lot of yards but has a lot of turnovers or holds team to FGs and their PPG is vastly different than their YPG ranks.

Either way, I'm sorry it upset you but I could find plenty of reasons to discredit PPG as well (even though it's my preferred method).

Again, my apologies.

I said he was a mediocre QB, in my mind most mediocre QB's can be easily replaced. I was just disagreeing that anyone who has those accomplishments cannot be considered a trash QB. I will hold that term for guys like Kyle Boller who arguably had a better defense with the same team but could never produce.

If you think Boller had better weapons on offense, then this discussion should be over.

picked steelers/packers rematch about 2 months before the playoffs started.

Right now I gotta say it's Pats/G-Men rematch. I really hope the Patriots don't make it, but with Brady & Belicheat at home, the refs will obviously favor the Pats in this game.

Brady, Belichick.....gimpy Reed. I don't think the Patriots need the refs. Ray Rice will get his....but the Ravens won't be able to keep up.

I don't...shall we continue?

If you think Flacco is a trash QB, what was Kyle Boller?

Flacco isn't a trash QB. He isn't some game changer like many people think he is, either. I'd rank him slightly above Matt Ryan somewhere in the middle of the pack.

I truly believe that QB play wins playoffs games, and with the weapons he has around him (and that d) Flacco should have a much better playoff record than he does.

You can win all the regular season games in the world you want, but if you are going to constantly get smoked in the playoffs whats the fuging point. I SEE U MATT RYAN

Sucking and not making the playoffs for a couple seasons hurts. But getting smoked on national TV in the playoffs is heartbreaking. Aside from the SB loss, the Cardinals playoff game to this date is the worst loss I've ever experienced as a Cat fan.

Archived