• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

anyone use a majicJack?

Hairless Cat

I'd read this before you buy it

What do you think of magicJack?

We don't like magicJack for a number of reasons.

1. voipreview.org users don't like magicJack.

Our user reviews of magicJack speak volumes. Customers complain on our site about connection quality and complete device failure, among other things.

2. magicJack can be unreliable

The magic Jack equipment itself isn't the only thing that's unreliable. magicJack doesn't publish its prices on its website and it doesn't always give you what you pay for. You might buy 2 years worth of service only to find that magicJack has only credited you with 1 year of service.

3. magicJack installs software on your computer

When you follow the easy-to-use installation steps above, you'll find that magicJack installs software on your computer.

The magicJack software is almost impossible to remove. magicJack software also will display advertisements on your computer, too.

That's what you wanted, right?

4. magicJack doesn't have a customer service hotline

MagicJack has no customer service hotline, so the only way to resolve a billing or service issue is by a high-traffic, slow-response chat room (that, in itself, should be a warning to potential customers).

So, we have lots of bad magicJack reviews, magicJack is unreliable, magicJack installs hard-to-remove software on your computer, and magicJack doesn't have a customer service hotline/number. These are the reasons why we don't like magicJack.

Had for 1 year. Sound quality great. First I got the cheapo plan. Could only make 300 minutes of outgoing calls...unlimited incoming (most of my home phone calls were incoming). Then Charter called and offered me unlimited everything for $5. Don't trust them...it would by $55 before too long. Called Vontage...asked what they could offer me....gave unlimited for $9.99 a month.

I did some research before I got vontage...they seemed to be the best voip service. I got to keep my home number. You get all the extras free that the phone company charges a lot for.

I had MJ up until 2 years ago.

Paid for 2 years, but only got one. There was no one to resolve the problem with.

So I paid for another year of service. They sent me a new connection, didn't need it.

Everyday, I had to un-plug the device and re-boot it for it to work. If I got a phone call before I got up, (and re-booted it) calls went to voice mail.

I had to leave my computer on all the time. (Not a huge problem, but a waste of energy in my mind.)

Then, when my old XP computer CPU died and I upgraded to Windows 7, MJ didn't work at all. (Again, no one to call for help.)

Finally, I said, screw it, and now just rely on my cell phone for everything.

Funny thing is, every so often, I get a wave file sent to my e-mail with someone leaving a msg for my old MJ number.

Archived